OK, it's not about the numbers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, it's not about the numbers...

...and I know it, but I just have to crow a little! I've lost almost 20 lbs. since starting primal in August, and for an old chickie, that's something! It went on slow, it's coming of slow (sort of), but it IS coming off, a trick I hadn't managed for some time before!

I'm 69, I exercise more now (though I was already doing some isometrics and resistance work) and I feel a LOT better than I did...this is great.

Thanks Mark and all!
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Congratulations! Well done - you should "crow a little" Besides, everyone loves hearing of successes... so keep crowing!

Comment

Thanks! I'm really pleased...and I'll probably keep crowing because I'm REALLY committed to this, and I fully expect more results. My BP is better, I'm sleeping a little better, and I even think the arthritis is a bit better.
      Best--
      Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
        Thanks! I'm really pleased...and I'll probably keep crowing because I'm REALLY committed to this, and I fully expect more results. My BP is better, I'm sleeping a little better, and I even think the arthritis is a bit better.
        That's what it's all about isn't it?- being healthy, bringing joy back into your life (your "crowing" sure sounded joyful to me - heh heh) restoring your quality of life... Keep up the good work and your 70's may be your healthiest decade yet....(big grin)

Comment

It is indeed! I do find I'm having a bit of a problem not sounding like a preacher, though! Just got back from visiting my older sister and brother in law, and REALLY wanted to offer a couple of lectures on diet. Hey, they're in their 80s. I think they might be a bit set in their ways...

Meanwhile I'm working on convincing my knees that they ARE getting better! (I think I'm winning...)
          Best--
          Kate

Comment

Congrats!
            Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
            -Rick Warren

Comment

Thanks! And I like your quote...
              Best--
              Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
                Thanks! And I like your quote...
                Do you follow Rick or just like the quote?
                Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.
                -Rick Warren

Comment

That is so awesome! Be Proud, and CROW loud! Wish I could get my parent's to go Primal. They are around your age. Rock Out with your Grok Out:-)
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by wesrman View Post
                    Do you follow Rick or just like the quote?
                    Just like the quote, I don't know who Rick is, but sounds like I should find out!
                    Best--
                    Kate

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                      That is so awesome! Be Proud, and CROW loud! Wish I could get my parent's to go Primal. They are around your age. Rock Out with your Grok Out:-)
                      I wish you could too! My sis and brother in law, about 14 years older than I am, would benefit too. They're still eating fake butter, lots of bread and pasta, plus store bought cake and Danish. Frozen french fries for a vegetable. Erk...they'be both thin, but NOT healthy.

And I do plan to Rock Out, thanks!
                      Best--
                      Kate

Comment

Working...
                      X