What my brother said...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What my brother said...

My brother just visited for the first time in a couple years. The last time I saw him was just prior to our going primal. He first noticed that hubby and I had lost weight. I told him about our family's eating/exercise changes, kind of briefly, just basically that they were great changes that worked for us. He wrinkled up his nose and said, "I don't like muscular women."

It was so hard not to laugh in his face! Seriously, the man is 6' and weighs probably 350 lbs. A muscular woman wouldn't look his way.

Aside from that, he totally respected that we don't eat the SAD, for the most part. I spared his ego and refrained from asking him to arm wrestle, though I'm sure I could take him.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Hehe I guess he's not used to the sight. Certainly not a lot of muscle woman around!

Comment

Strong women are sexy. No ifs ands or buts (well, maybe buts) about it.

Comment

i think it's like this.

if you showed him a picture of your average primal gal -- most of us are not "muscle women" -- fitness competitors, body builders, and perhaps you might even say leaner cross-fitters. most of us are "lean" in the sense that we fall between 18-22% eventually. but people wouldn't look at me (at 18%) and say that i look "muscle-y."

this is really all about vague descriptions, you know?

Comment

He is in denial :-)
          Went Primal January 24, 2011
          Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
          Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
          According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day
          sigpic

Comment

Hang on- you didn't challenge him to an ego-crushing arm wrestle? Are you sure you're his sister
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
              Hang on- you didn't challenge him to an ego-crushing arm wrestle? Are you sure you're his sister
              +1.

Comment

has he seen a butt built of muscle? he's missing out
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

I have killer calves, and it's tough to find jeans that fit my thighs without air space at the waist. Does that count as gross to him?

I'm so humiliated!

(runs off to sob in a corner)
                  Durp.

Comment

It just cracked me up. Typically, a woman interested enough in fitness to lean out and get muscles wouldn't look at a guy who doesn't take care of himself. The way I look at it, why go for John Goodman when you can land Hugh Jackman?

I really don't think he's gonna have to worry about fit women hitting on him, lol.
                    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                      I have killer calves, and it's tough to find jeans that fit my thighs without air space at the waist.
                      I have a big fetish for muscular calves. They are such a big turn on for me.
                      Few but ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctus Real View Post
                        It just cracked me up. Typically, a woman interested enough in fitness to lean out and get muscles wouldn't look at a guy who doesn't take care of himself. The way I look at it, why go for John Goodman when you can land Hugh Jackman?
                        Yeah, unless she's got body issues. No matter how thin I was, I always went for heavier lumberjack type guys. In part, it was because I love feeling protected and being with a big guy made me feel that way. But part of it was because I figured a heavy guy would be less critical of any perceived imperfections I had. Heh - how wrong could I be!

When I first met The Boyfriend, I was really hesitant about dating him because he's naturally very lean. I figured he'd freak if I gained so much as a pound. Turns out he's way more accepting than the overweight exes that made me so messed up about my weight in the first place. And being that cool about it naturally made me want to look even better. So it's a win for both of us!
                        Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by 70in2012 View Post
                          I have a big fetish for muscular calves. They are such a big turn on for me.
                          You would love my work then. We don't have a lot of women there, but the ones we do all have great calves.
                          Durp.

Comment

RitaRose - It's forever been my downfall that I chose looks over substance. Fortunately, I wised up enough to go for my hubby, even though he's not a pretty boy. Up to now, I've always been the smartest person in the couple, which meant I could basically run the show, even though I wasn't necessarily the best looking one. Thank God I got over that and finally went for substance!

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctus Real View Post
                              RitaRose - It's forever been my downfall that I chose looks over substance. Fortunately, I wised up enough to go for my hubby, even though he's not a pretty boy. Up to now, I've always been the smartest person in the couple, which meant I could basically run the show, even though I wasn't necessarily the best looking one. Thank God I got over that and finally went for substance!
                              Definitely agree. I dated a college math professor a few yars ago, which was when I finally realized that smart is very sexy!

On the other hand, the ability to kick someone's ass in a bar fight just means they guy hangs out in bars too much.

Live and learn.
                              Durp.

Comment

Working...
                              X