What's your weak link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your weak link?

Wondering what exercises people struggle with the most, gains wise. Mine is definitely shoulder presses. I currently workout 3x5 with 135. I do have a little shoulder issue which makes progress even slower!!!!

How about you guys?
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

if my hammies are involved, it's weak.

Comment

my love of beer and of the ganj

Comment

Shoulder/overhead press for me too. I've been doing them for months now and still don't feel like I have a good handle on the form. And progress on them has been reeeally slow. Much slower than any other lift.

Comment

Hey, Arnold smoked weed when he threw around the iron!!! It must be connected with his massive strength!!!
          "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
            Shoulder/overhead press for me too. I've been doing them for months now and still don't feel like I have a good handle on the form. And progress on them has been reeeally slow. Much slower than any other lift.
            Here is a good video...

Mark Rippetoe: Press Review - YouTube

Comment

I'll just add that progress on the Overhead press will always be slower than on any other major lift - it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a weak link
              Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
              Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
              The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
              Brute Force Sandbags
              www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
              http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Thanks for the video Fernaldo. And thanks for the advice Coach Palfrey. I'll keep working on it!

Comment

Squats are definitely the most intimidating in my book. Sometimes I walk into the gym and just own the bar, other times, it owns me.
                  My Blog -----> Two Bar Garage

Comment

R hip.
                    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Shoulders- they always seem to burn much fasterbthan my other muscles. And I hate the T-plank. Horrid.

Comment

shoulders, triceps and quads are my weakest muscles
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

My grip is holding me back- I do Convict Conditioning, and both abs and pullups require decent grip strength. I could hit both of those exercises harder if I could hang on to the bar a little longer.

It affects my squat, too, actually. I have the bowflex adjustable dumbbells, and I add extra weight in a bag on my back if I need it, but hanging on to those dumbbells can be an issue at the "heavier" weights I'm using for squats.

Also, my love for my wife's homemade pie. That doesn't help.

Comment

I do Convict Conditioning. My weak link is definitely hip flexors. Having a hard time getting past level one. My hip flexors are also very tight and I started stretching and that seems to have helped some. Seems I hit the lactic acid burn long before the muscles give out.

Any suggestions?
                            www.healingcenterofmaine.com
                            Detox the Body, Mind, and Spirit with Holistic Healing

Comment

Back squats.
                              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
                              X