What's your weak link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junior View Post
    I do Convict Conditioning. My weak link is definitely hip flexors. Having a hard time getting past level one. My hip flexors are also very tight and I started stretching and that seems to have helped some. Seems I hit the lactic acid burn long before the muscles give out.

Any suggestions?
    I assume you are talking about the leg raise series.

Tight hip flexors- do you sit a lot? I would say that walking with a focus on feeling a stretch there might help. I find that functional movements give better flexibility gains than stretching alone. Even just standing more than you sit will probably help. Sitting at an obtuse angle (>90 degrees) will look like you are slouching but won't cause more hip problems. Make sure to keep your back straight when you recline.

Comment

Overhead press. I got to half body weight on it and no go further. I try hard, push, but end up leaning back, and always hurting my low back. Which sucks, because there is always Deadlift right after. I have no idea how to improve OHP. I had a horrible trouble with the bench, but then found the grip and the tightness, and stuff, and it improved a little. Overhead press goes down the moment anything is wrong at all. I hate it, but there is no alternative, but to shamefully take out 0.5 lbs from my ankle weights, and try another set to see which minuscule weight I can push over my head this week... Arhg.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I love anything to do with upper body since I find the pain and difficulty really enjoyable for some odd reason. But I dislike the pain felt by doing squats. Maybe it has to do with my form....weak legs?
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

My backwhen it occassionally getsinflamed. I can still go through a cycle of heavy squats formonths and feel likeI ami ndestructable and all of the sudden I can fallor almost fall and theinflamation cycle begins. I have been fighting it for well over a decade.
          Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
            Back squats.
            Also, OH press sucks...but it seems everyone has that problem.
            A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Chest is an issue for me. I've done one set of 50 pushups in my life and that was at 2am and I had coffee too late at night. Haven't been able to do it since. Went to the gym regularly and did the bench press, went from being able to do 5-6 of 135, and 1-2 of 155, to being able to do 10 of 135, 6-7 of 155, and 1-2 of 165-175. Haven't been to the gym regularly in a while (been off and on and doing a mix of body weight stuff, between school and work the past few weeks have been rough). Keep in mind I'm 5'10 and 150-155.

Lately I've been doing squats a little slower while trying to focus on form, so the weight has been a little lower than I'd like it.

Comment

Working...
              X