Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Gain 30lbs Of Muscle On A Primal Diet and Using Only Body Weight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Gain 30lbs Of Muscle On A Primal Diet and Using Only Body Weight!

The past couple months I ran a little experiment on myself to see just how much muscle mass I could put on following a loose primal diet (allowed for milk and sweet potato) and body weight only workouts. The result was 30lbs of lean muscle mass. I wrote a blog and made a video all about it. Check it out and leave comments on the blog please!

Jungle Fit - How Fitness Was Meant To Be!: How To Gain 30lbs Of Muscle With Body Weight Workouts!
    Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

very awesome! thanks!

Like a Rhino!!!!
    Last edited by zoebird; 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM.

Comment

How much did you weigh before you started?
      My Blog -----> Two Bar Garage

Comment

he says in the video.

5 ft 7 in -ish, 145 up to 180 from June through Sept.

Comment

oh, and tim, i would comment, but i don't want to use my google id, and i don't have hte other ones. some blogs have a setting that is "name/url" and the url is optional. might consider that.

Comment

I've checked out your website before, but now I will be checking it on a more regular basis. This is exactly what I'm trying to do, though I only want about 15 pounds instead of 30.

Comment

You size that you upped your milk intake to 1litre per day plus extra protein powder..
              All up, how much protein were you taking in a day?

I'm about 5 kg heavier than your start weight and trying to add more lbm and getting enough protein is one of my problems I think.
              But would prefer to stay away from powders an milk.
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

THe milk is mentioned in Starting strength also. I'm not sure what else you can subsitute. Although I handle whey powder pretty well.
                My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Rip was once quoted saying "a gallon of yogurt" is fine but I'm not sure if he was serious
                  Currently dabbling in: IF, leangains, Starting Strength, 5/3/1

Comment

LOL, I could totally eat a gallon of yogurt a day. I HEART YOGURT.

Good work on the mass gain, btw.
                    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

yeah, I've read about a gallon of milk a day, but I don't drink processed milk and couldn't afford anywhere near that amount of raw milk
                      Last month I added voyage cheese to my diet, but after a couple of weeks that stated causing me problems too.

At the moment I'm increasing the amount of fish, meat and eggs I eat each day.
                      But I'm really interested in how much protein Tim was eating while he put the weight on.
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

@Zoebird: Thanks a lot for the feed back! And no worries about not being able to post on the blog lol the forum is fine =D

Comment

@Misabi: I was eating minimum 160 grams of protein per day, I also was able to keep my carbs under 150 grams per day.

Comment

@jfreaksho: Sounds like a really attainable goal! 15 pounds is not something out of the question at all. It does take a lot of food, and really hitting the workouts hard. If there's enough feed back I'll be sure to post more on this subject as well as in depth workouts nutrition that I used. But for the most part it wasn't anything too crazy.

Comment

Thanks a lot, it was something I just decided to see if I could do and it exceeded my expectations. I actually had to cut back on my food intake and switch my workouts because I was getting too large too fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X