Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Gain 30lbs Of Muscle On A Primal Diet and Using Only Body Weight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimBell View Post
    @Misabi: I was eating minimum 160 grams of protein per day, I also was able to keep my carbs under 150 grams per day.
    Thanks Tim, that's what I'm shooting for too.
    About 12 years ago I managed to go from the same stating weight to the same finishing weight as you have, but that was eating "healthy" CW, so loads of rice, pasta and potatoes and loads of chicken and tuna, plus protein shakes coming out of my ears. But it wasn't sustainable, for me, as i was having to force myself to eat.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

That's awesome, well done!!
      I really want to build strength so I look leaner and titter, but atm I'm still 10 kilos/22 pounds overweight. I lift heavy 3 times a week, while daily protein is ca 100 grams, often less. Is there any point stressing about adding more food when you aim at building strength yet lose fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
        so I look leaner and titter
        I'm sorry, but we're going to need before and after pics to be able to judge that ;-)
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
          I'm sorry, but we're going to need before and after pics to be able to judge that ;-)
          It was meant to say tighter. Bloody Ipad.

Comment

Oh and by the way, the titters are way smaller than before PB, but also nicer. Thank Lord for bench presses and push-ups!

Comment

rofl

Comment

Nice gains, Tim! Way to shoot down the bodyweight/primal haters.

I'm just curious though, obviously you gained a lot of mass and likely increased your raw strength, but did your relative strength increase? Can you do more reps of pull-ups, push-ups, etc? Have you improved at higher level skills? I know you've been working on levers and human flags.

Either way, you definitely look swole.
                "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

@Al : Actually glad you asked this question! Man, surprisingly I felt very strong and hit much higher numbers on both dips and pull ups than I used to hit. I also increased the amount of weight I was lifting when doing weighted pulling or pushing exercises. One thing that did suffer however were my muscle up numbers, I moved across town from the 3 parks where I used to practice muscle ups so I feel like it was just a lack of practice. As for levers, I'm currently working hard on achieving a full front lever , I'm now holding straddle levers for around 5-6 seconds. So things are coming along. I also , at my heaviest, started performing free standing hand stand push ups as well.
                  Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

Comment

Eat a gallon of yogurt would constipate me. I posted this on my blog.
                    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

@strom: What's your blog??

Comment

I commented on yours with a link.
                        My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

@Strom: Great, I just checked it out! Thanks a lot for sharing. Also to answer your question about using kettlebells. I actually didn't use any kettlebell training in my mass gaining process. I did use them attached to a dip belt to add weight to chin ups, pull ups, and dips. But I didn't do any traditional kettlebell exercises such as swings, cleans, presses, get ups etc. The photos shown in the video were actually shot for an article I did for a magazine. That article was on blending kettlebell and body weight training together that's why the kettlebell was in the shot. Also I tried to use photos that were almost to the same to show the size difference. =)

Comment

My IT wizards block your site, but what milk/protein powder did you use?

Comment

@tcb: I used 2% milk or whole milk when I could get my hands on it. Protein powder was just a whey powder , basic stuff.

Comment

Whey protein is the best diet to gain the weight of the body very quickly. It also useful to build the body muscles and give the strengthen to you muscles and avoid to eat fast and spicy food.

Comment

Working...
                                X