"Sprinting" In My New Apartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sprinting" In My New Apartment

I'm moving, and my new place will be in the downtown area. So unfortunately I can't just sprint on the street.

What are some good ideas to get my "sprint" on in my apartment?

Stair sprints in the building stairwell, buy a kettlebell and do swings, burpees. Or you can find a quiet block or park and still sprint. I live in Manhattan and manage.

Comment

If there's a school nearby a soccer field or running track is a great place for sprints. Many schools will make a soccer field inside of a running track, so if you do the perimeter of the field it is ~350m.

Comment

Find a few square feet of space and have at it with a skipping rope, tabata-style. That'll get your heart-rate up.
        I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Push ups, burpees, squats, single leg split squats, jump rope, jumping jacks, planks...etc.

No equipment or much space required.

Comment

Burpees.

Comment

+ 1 to all of the above..

Just to add... up downs.... (my most feared thing when I played football)

up-downs 8/1/07 - YouTube

Comment

Moderate weight thrusters are metabolically taxing in the nicest possible way
                Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                Brute Force Sandbags
                www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

"tuck jumps" #9 in this ridiculously awesome article you should all read: Muscles of Iron - Articles (especially people without access to a gym)
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Right on guys, thanks for the suggestions.

Tuck jumps do sound nasty! Maybe I can use all of those suggestions to keep things interesting. Going outside will be a chore in the upcoming months, because it's going to be cold in Colorado.

I'll get some sun though, promise!

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                      Right on guys, thanks for the suggestions.

Tuck jumps do sound nasty! Maybe I can use all of those suggestions to keep things interesting. Going outside will be a chore in the upcoming months, because it's going to be cold in Colorado.

I'll get some sun though, promise!
                      Tuck jumps are brutal. I do them when I haven't been able to sprint (or haven't felt like it) because it's a much faster workout, but very taxing as well. I also do it as a quickie before showering sometimes. You'll feel your quads much more than when you're sprinting, but in no way am I saying it's better than sprinting, just different. I still think hill sprints are king and should be done more often than not.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

ninja jump, tuck jump, squat, jump feet out like in a burpee, draw knees underneath you, start over. a ninja jump tuck to me is more explosive than a burpee and a couple of those really make me feel beat up in a great way.

Comment

Working...
                        X