Kettlebell DVD recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettlebell DVD recommendations

I know Grok didn't do kettle bell DVDs, but I would like to. I have one that I like, but I am looking for more variety. I am not looking for beginner workouts... probably intermediate to advanced or better yet, one with multiple levels on one DVD. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I am interested in this as well.
    "Wait! I'll fix it!"
    "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
    "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

I have Kettlebell Lifting 1: Master the Basics. It does a good job of explaining how to do the movements correctly.

Comment

Lauren Brooks is the KB Queen. She don't play.

You can buy her videos on Amazon or here:
        Kettlebell Workout and Pregnancy Videos

She has a YouTube channel to peruse, to see if you think you'll like her. (I love her.)

Her channel:
        kbellqueen's Channel - YouTube

You said you wanted intermediate/advanced. You can start with her second video then:
        Last edited by TigerLily; 10-04-2011, 10:34 PM.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Go to US Kettlebells - Welcome! and go to the store and they have 3 different workout dvd's that are good. I like the Kettlebells but I like Scott Sonnons circular strenth clubbell. It is simalar to the kettlebell but in club form and you can do more and provide a slightly different workout. With clubbell you can get more a complete circular (all direction) workout. take a look, you will be supprised.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Comment

I have heard good reports about the Skogg system:
              Skogg System

Comment

I'm not sure what you need a video for, it's not like a dance or aerobic move. Ideally, you just need some programming for how to structure a workout. I like an even number of seconds working to an even number resting, say 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off for 10 to 15 minutes. Alternatively if you want more endurance, I have tried doing say snatches without putting the KB down for 10 minutes and only one hand switch so you really have to pace yourself and rest in lockout position. Once you know the moves, it is up to you do program the set and rest.

I second the clubbell recommendation and like the Clubbell Blackbook for programming.
                Last edited by JeffC; 10-06-2011, 06:53 AM.

Comment

+10000 on the Skogg System...I trained with them for almost 2 years. Great people, and the dvds are awesome.
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Do two five minute rounds with say a 2 minute break in between. I don't have a heavy bag, shadow boxing instead would be fine or substituting more KB moves. In general though, this 30 seconds of intense KB work, followed by 30 seconds of active recovery (shadow boxing, goblet squats, stretching, etc., is all you really need).

Forgot to post this link: http://www.dragondoor.com/kettlebell...s_in_fighting/
                    Last edited by JeffC; 10-06-2011, 07:35 AM. Reason: forgot link

Comment

I've also been wanting to get a KB program started but have no experience with them yet. First, I need to get myself some kettlebells. Any recommendations? I actually went to buy some not too long ago, but realized I had no clue as to the weight of the kb's I should start out with!
                      Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by GoJenGo View Post
                        I've also been wanting to get a KB program started but have no experience with them yet. First, I need to get myself some kettlebells. Any recommendations? I actually went to buy some not too long ago, but realized I had no clue as to the weight of the kb's I should start out with!
                        I think it's usually recommended that women start with 18lbs and men start with 35lbs. I'm a guy but I started with 20lbs because I have a history of back problems, but I quickly moved up to 35lbs with no trouble.

Comment

^As a note from someone who just started with KBs... I have very limited upper-body strength, due to genetics and overall low muscle tone. I bought a 15lb KB to start with and can't lift it over my head one-handed with stability. I am focusing on body-weight exercises as well as KB swings (squatting and swinging the KB up from between your legs on the rise) until my strength increases. If you are at all like me, you might want to start with a lower weight, but you will probably move past it quickly, or get a 15-18lb one to start with (if you have strength-training experience) and use body-weight exercises until you can lift it stably. Even when I remember to work out 3x a week for not even maybe 5 minutes, I feel like it makes a difference, especially with this way of eating!
                          Depression Lies

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions on the weights, Dan and namelesswonder! I'm eager to get going.

Great thread - a lot of good links and info shared by all! Glad you started it, mrsashton. I hope you'll post with some feedback on whichever program you choose.
                            Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                              +10000 on the Skogg System...I trained with them for almost 2 years. Great people, and the dvds are awesome.
                              Word.

Comment

Working...
                              X