Best compliment ever paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best compliment ever paid

Today, by a trainer, in between my squat sets, while talking about lifting in Vibrams.

"So, where are you deployed?"

I am a week from 40, have a (civilian!) desk job, and couldn't do 10 pushups 18 months ago.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

That completely rocks! Congrats on your amazing progress!

Comment

lol that's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
        Today, by a trainer, in between my squat sets, while talking about lifting in Vibrams.

I am a week from 40, have a (civilian!) desk job, and couldn't do 10 pushups 18 months ago.
        Very awesome....you must look like a badass

I have two favorite compliments I've recieved since going primal - one was a man who asked me how a girl who at so much fatty meat could be so slender (never thought of myself as slender before). The other was a few weeks ago when a long time friend who hadn't seen me in a while told me my skin was glowing - as a person who has been chronically ill for a long time it was really awesome to hear that I looked healthy for a change!
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

This rules.
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post

Lol! That's fuckin sick bro. Grok it up!
            "The mountains are calling and I must go."
            --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
            --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
            --Hyperlithic

Comment

Good on ya, and welcome to the 40+ club:-)
              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

where is the like button?

Comment

Good one!
                  Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Was out with a friend and his coworker. Hadnt seen him in years, not only didn't he recognize me, when hisn friend saw a picture of me from a few years ago, her response was "that's not you! You don't look like you could have been that fat!"

The other was at the gym, resting before my work set of deadlifts. Had 295 on the bar, and a trainer walks by. He looked at the bar, looked over at me, "that's not yours, is it?"
                    Yeah.
                    Looks at me, looks at the bar, looks back at me, "damn dude!"

Of course, then I HAD to lift it!

Comment

@tfarny: I agree. From looking at photos of you, I would have guessed you're around my age (25). NEVER would have guessed 40. You definitely look young. And are a beast.

A guy in the gym told me a few months ago that I had to be, pound-for-pound, the strongest guy in the gym. I really appreciated that compliment since that's one of my goals in training (to be as strong as possible for my size).

Also, one of my co-workers asked me for help to move a filing cabinet. Said he needed my muscles, haha. I guess my arms are starting to fill out the sleeves of my polos.

Comment

Awesome!!

I had a little kid ask me if I was a pro athlete... pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurb999 View Post
                          Awesome!!

I had a little kid ask me if I was a pro athlete... pretty cool stuff.
                          I had a kid ask me if I was a circus clown, after busting my ass trying to handstand.
                          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

That's freaking awesome

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                              I had a kid ask me if I was a circus clown, after busting my ass trying to handstand.
                              That's hysterical.

Comment

Working...
                              X