Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sweat smells like ammonia? not enough water and fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweat smells like ammonia? not enough water and fat?

i have been smelling amonia in my sweat. saw online that it could be from my body starting to use my muscle as energy. i am low carb and low fat is that my problem? my diet is 46% fat, 32% protein, 22% carbs. good carbs veggies and maybe an apple or single piece of fruit. I eat between 1600 and2000 calories a day and about 60 to 70 grams of fat usually. have lost 80lbs total. 45 way of the primal. any help is appreciated.

Mark
    Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
    Goal weight.....?

I've read ketosis can cause this kind of smelling sweat and that its not a bad thing. How do you feel? How are your energy levels? Are you making strength gains? Those are more important measures of health (IMO).
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

At 1600-2000 cals a day, what is your maintanance cal count?

Comment

I think my fat was to low, I increased it today and my energy when off the treadmill was great and my sweat didn't stink. I read that that smell was my body running on amino acids as fuel. Guess I ran out of carbs and fat so my body used those. I was running off my own protein, not good. Thanks guys
        Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
        Goal weight.....?

Comment

My wife mentioned that sometimes I smell like nail polish. I assumed this meant I was in ketosis but does it actually mean I'm burning protein for fuel???

Comment

since i switched to more natural deodorants I noticed my pits have a strong ammonia like smell. I noticed it was stronger as soon as i ate beef. So i did some testing. this week I didnt eat beef for three days and my pits didnt smell at all. then I had a steak and that same day the smell came back.

2 days later and no beef, smell gone again. I still ate other sources of meat like pork and chicken, but it seems that the culprit with my body is beef.

Comment

Working...
            X