Twenty Pistol Squat Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty Pistol Squat Challenge

I think the name sums it up pretty nicely. Click the link for more: twenty pistol squat challenge
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

LOL i will see you in 5 years :-)

I hope you are still around becasue i do mean it.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

well, still working on 20 pull up challenge. currently, I can do 25 burgarian split squat. need to find a bench so I can progress to the next step. I can almost do 1 pistol, but it is slow going tough on my knee too, as I can't get my weight back enough. but it is improving.

Comment

You crazy, Al, you crazy.

Comment

I can do 3x5 each leg but 20 in one go is a bit much at this point.

Last year I couldn't do one. I love seeing progress like that.
          Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

Love it!!! Gonna work on this as a goal for the future. Pistol squats are a skill I'm just starting to tackle... Thanks Al for the continual inspiration!!
            My Before/After Pics
            Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              LOL i will see you in 5 years :-)

I hope you are still around becasue i do mean it.
              I'm not planning on stopping either. Maybe I'll be at 50 in a row by then!

Originally posted by primalfamily View Post
              well, still working on 20 pull up challenge. currently, I can do 25 burgarian split squat. need to find a bench so I can progress to the next step. I can almost do 1 pistol, but it is slow going tough on my knee too, as I can't get my weight back enough. but it is improving.
              I recommend you try phase one of the challenge with self-assisted pistols where you hold something for support.

Originally posted by ToniWA View Post
              You crazy, Al, you crazy.
              The good kind of crazy, right?

Originally posted by MightyAl View Post
              I can do 3x5 each leg but 20 in one go is a bit much at this point.

Last year I couldn't do one. I love seeing progress like that.
              That's great progress! Keep it up and you'll be at twenty in a row eventually!

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
              Love it!!! Gonna work on this as a goal for the future. Pistol squats are a skill I'm just starting to tackle... Thanks Al for the continual inspiration!!
              Thank you! And thanks for all your support!
              "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

sigpic

Comment

i cant even get into the squat position my heel always comes off the ground lol
                Primal Chaos
                37yo 6'5"
                6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                current 338lbs 49" waist
                goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
                  i cant even get into the squat position my heel always comes off the ground lol
                  You might not be ready for this challenge yet then. Still, you might be able to try the self assisted version.

sigpic

Comment

That is totally frickin' amazing. I think I can do three on each side. 20?! That's awesome. See ya in...several months? My gym is working on a burpee challenge but I think I'll start my own pistol squat challenge instead. (getting up from desk at work to start...)

Comment

I may be able to get around the teens ... I'm sure I can do 10. I'll have to give it a try! Keep up the good work, Al!

Comment

hey al using my home made suspension straps for assist i was able to do 5 on each leg! was super hard!
                        Primal Chaos
                        37yo 6'5"
                        6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                        current 338lbs 49" waist
                        goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
                          hey al using my home made suspension straps for assist i was able to do 5 on each leg! was super hard!
                          Woo hoo!!
                          My Before/After Pics
                          Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

Comment

this will totally improve my yoga. i'll get right on doing them supported.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                              this will totally improve my yoga.
                              This is probably the number one reason I love working out/improving on bodyweight exercises! I LOVE how it positively impacts my yoga!
                              My Before/After Pics

Comment

Working...
                              X