X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best muscle soreness reliever

Hi all,

Quick question for you geniuses!

My fiance LOVES working out - but HATES the next day when her muscles are sore. She's new to working out and lifting weights, so I want to encourage her and not let the soreness discourage her. I was wondering if you all recommend or know about any bath or lotion solution that helps specifically with relieving the soreness after a hard workout?

Thanks all!

- Jesse

BCAA's (Branched Chain Amino Acids)

When I take it, I can have the most brutal weight lifting session and still feel fine the next day!

I love feeling sore, though... gives me a sense of accomplishment and a license to eat more in order to "repair my muscles" That's my excuse for binging.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

epsom salts bath, or take magnesium

Comment

Glad to know I&#39;m not the only one who likes the feeling of sore muscles. :P

Comment

More exercise.

Comment

Have you ever heard of Tiger Balm? In my opinion, it is the best thing for sore/pulled muscles. Its Chinese, and comes in a tiny pot. You can get it from most chemists but it is quite expensive, like 5 for a tiny pot but it will last you years.

-Kane

Comment

For sore muscles... time.

Comment

Tiger Balm Muscle Rub

Comment

Oh yeah, I&#39;ve used Tiger Balm for years too

The BCAA&#39;s are also a good idea.

Comment

I find stretching and pnf / foam rollering after my workouts works really well.

Comment

Stretching, epsom salt baths and a good before-and-after recovery drink. I use Prograde Workout but there are other good ones out there as well. Just make sure you are "feeding" your muscles within an hour of working out.

I also enjoy the feeling of a good workout the next day. The soreness reminds me that my body is responding to the workout.

Comment

Arnica or St. John&#39;s Wort infused oil warmed & rubbed into the sore muscles works well plus exercise to use up all the lactic acid stuffed in the muscles.

Comment

Stretching helps a lot, also if you stretch before you go to bed at night you&#39;ll sleep better and recover faster. As far as Tiger Balm goes, it&#39;s great, but it&#39;s definitely got a strong scent to it. I tried it once, under my uniform and you could still smell it pretty strongly.

Comment

BCAA&#39;s - namely glutamine works for me. Apparently glutamine also works in conjunction with fasting http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/287/1/E1

Comment

^ Yessssssss finally someone said it too!

I kicked ass at the gym today with it.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Working...
                              X