My plan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My plan?

I've ben reading some older posts and saw that someone said doing tabata intervals with kettlebell swings is just as good as doing a 20 minute sprint interval workout. Is this true? I can definitely commit to 4 minutes of kettlebells easier than 20 minutes of sprints! I need to lose about 40lbs. and I would like to do it by the end of this year, tell me if this is a good plan:

Daily:
    walk my dog for at least 4 miles a day at a speed of 4 mph. (don't worry she's a highly active breed )

3 days a week:
    Kettlebell swings for HIIT using tabata

Opposite 3 days:
    Full body kettlebell and PBF body weight workout, using tabata intervals

I've got the eating in check, I just need help on the fitness part.

looks great kettlebells are awesome. be sure to mix it up tho do some presses and turkish get ups with the swings and your golden

Comment

Doing Tabata intervals this much is not a good idea and you can't compare a 4 min swing Tabata to 20 minutes of sprints. My advice would be to alternate what you have here with some actual sprinting.
      Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
      Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
      The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
      Brute Force Sandbags
      www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
      http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
        Doing Tabata intervals this much is not a good idea and you can't compare a 4 min swing Tabata to 20 minutes of sprints. My advice would be to alternate what you have here with some actual sprinting.
        I second the "actual sprinting" comment. I hadn't sprinted since college and the feeling of every 2 weeks or so (alternating weeks) feeling that you have actually improved your speed is much more satisfying and confidence boosting than being a little less tired after a Tabata for me.

Comment

Working...
        X