Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep yourself busy during winter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep yourself busy during winter?

This is my activity of choice.

What about everyone else?

I grok, therefore I am.

LTC- now that's just plain crazy! Looks like fun though.

Keeping busy during the winter - I've been thinking about learning how to knit. Thinking and doing are two different things though...

Comment

Brilliant! I've always wanted to get into Ice Climbing/hiking. Good Stuff.

I coach high school sports (volleyball and basketball) as well as cook, draw, and sleep.

Honestly, in the winter I find I simply want to sleep more, so I have less 'free' time to fill up.

Comment

Yeah, I think the natural darkness makes us want to hibernate. I know I've been napping 100% more than I did during the summer...which was almost never.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Snowboarding, I love walking in the cold, it's so invigorating, (it's -25C today, so a short quick paced walk to the post office in town was all I could handle!) and yoga.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
          -John Lennon

Comment

I want to take up snowboarding this year! Except I don't want a sore ass or busticated wrists

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

OMG, I've seen people doing that near the Susquehanna river by the Norman Woods Bridge. Looks very similar. Not for me, though. I have trouble climbing to the top of an 8 foot ladder!

Comment

A lot of people with a fear of heights take up climbing. Go figure!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/moqzwr

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                  "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Hey, Lovestoclimb, do you love to climb?

One of my favorite things to do during the winter when I'm on campus is to walk to the gym in shorts!

Comment

http://skijornow.com/images/gallery/large38.html

My Husky, Suka, takes me for short pulls in the snow (that's not me or her in the shot, but you get the idea). It's called Skijor, and it's just a lot of chaos.

Comment

DCKMB- I want to learn to knit too! There's a little yarn & bead shop here that does "sit n knit" once a week. You take a project and sit with other girls, and... well, ya knit!

I'm a lazy bum in the winter. I loathe the cold and snow. I had to break down and buy a shovel though, so I know I'll be getting at least SOME workout.

All the darkness just makes me want to sleep.

Comment

When we get some snow I like to snowshoe & sled with the kiddies.

Knitting's easy, ladies. When I get a chance, that's my fave sit by the fire activity. Spinning wool's fun, too. Very meditative!

Comment

Thought about taking up weaving. A friend from highschool used to weave. Wonder which one I could make more money at? lol

Comment

Farming in winter is a never ending chore. I've spent the last few evenings hauling 80-100 gallons of water per day to the livestock because the "frost-free" spigots froze. Feels AWESOME to be able to do that!

I also have it in mind to take up cross-country skiing this year.

And carry on with the usual strength and sprint work.

And take more walks with my hounds.

And get going on my novel again.

And catch up on sleep.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X