Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all you PULL-UP PUSHERS!

A big THANK YOU from me!!!!

I don't frequent the forums too much and I can't think of all of your names but people like Cheapo the Simple Fit guy, Al Kavadlo, and 2 ladies who have posted about pull-up, I'm sorry I can't remember your names but I am no less grateful ... believe me. You've all been on my mind.

You made me go ahead and try to do something I though I never could, pull-ups.

I still can't do 1 clean pull-up but I've gone from:
    - hanging on the bar for 5 seconds before I had to give up;
    - to hanging on the bar for 3 sets of 20 seconds before I had to drop;
    - to doing 3 sets of 3 pull-ups (sadly and embarrassingly assisted by 3 powerbands of the not-too- thin variety);
    - to doing 1 pull-up with 1 less powerband!!!!!!!!! I had this victory today and just have to crow about it. Damn I feel good.

Thanks guys for being pull-up pushers. I never would have attempted them without you!

That's awesome. Congrats on your victory!

Comment

Freaking awesome man

Comment

Congrats, thats a lot of progress
        www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Comment

MUCH better than I! You are great!
          I'm just your average, legendary superhero, trapped in a lump of flesh.

Scottish Highland Games: a sport where the fat kid gets picked FIRST.

Comment

You should be ready to try negatives - how about doing those instead of the powerbands?
            MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

Congrats! Keep training hard! A full pull-up is in your future if you stay the course!
              "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

How's your back looking? (It requires two mirrors, but I love checking out my back muscles after a shower.)

Comment

Woot woot!!!!! WTG! Keep up the great work!!!
                  My Before/After Pics
                  Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

How inspiring! I'm still at the hang for 5 seconds stage, but I dream of a full pull-up. I'm going to check out the powerbands possibilities. How exactly do you use your powerbands?

Comment

OP, have you tried Australian pull ups? Might be another helpful tool on your path!!

From Al's blog: Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! All About Australian Pull-ups
                      My Before/After Pics
                      Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

Comment

Oh my gosh, how cool! You are so where I'd like to be. I can only do these silly-looking "mini" pullups where I lift up about an inch or so. I can only imagine what other people at the playground are thinking--and I'm sure it's not nice!
                        I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
                          OP, have you tried Australian pull ups? Might be another helpful tool on your path!!

From Al's blog: Al Kavadlo We're Working Out! All About Australian Pull-ups
                          Just checked out that blog--I like it! And I'm jealous of the playground he gets to work out on. The past few years, all the playgrounds near my house have switched over to more modern designs and it's difficult to find regular monkey bars and pullup bars. I have use the side of the kids' wooden bridge as a pullup station.

Comment

Heidi, Al Kavadlo is a regular poster here (you'll see him upthread). He rocks, and his blog is a great place to get started with all this too!

Check out this: Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! Mastering Your Body Weight Work on the level 1 skills for now, and move on to level 2 skills and beyond when you are ready! Mark's PBF plan is another great one that has modifications for every level from beginning to advanced.
                            My Before/After Pics

Comment

Oh, I didn't know he was a poster here. (My newbieness is showing. ) Thanks for the link, FairyRae.

Comment

Working...
                              X