Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you have a place where you can safely climb (a wall, tree, playground)? Or jump on and off a stable, flat, non-slippery, raised surface, like a stable step or a bench? Other than that I can only think of digging dirt or snow....
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

    Comment


    • Nothing to climb. There are playgrounds but I still feel awkward if I go them. Its sort of that "I'm an adult and really shouldn't be on the equipment" theory.
      Georgette

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Leida View Post
        Do you have a place where you can safely climb (a wall, tree, playground)? Or jump on and off a stable, flat, non-slippery, raised surface, like a stable step or a bench? Other than that I can only think of digging dirt or snow....
        With climbing steps, doesn't this just work the top part of your leg? Usually when I do steps, I feel the burn on the top of the thigh not the sides where the fat usually lays. Just curious

        Comment


        • Originally posted by croí View Post
          With climbing steps, doesn't this just work the top part of your leg? Usually when I do steps, I feel the burn on the top of the thigh not the sides where the fat usually lays. Just curious
          Squat down when you're going up or down perhaps? I don't have any steps anywhere I go.
          Georgette

          Comment


          • When you go down, it activates your hamstrings and stabilizers, same as when running downhill.

            Actually, if it's flat, you could try running with hurdles if you need extra to sprints. Sprints though sounds like a natural to your terrain, and you are already doing it, so I think you are going to be seeing the inner thigh tighten up as you progress along. But, if you can get a cheap or free bike, why not? Though I don't like bikes. Which means I have to bike more often, because I obviously hitting something hard to do!
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

            Comment


            • Welp, I just returned from my first Barre 3 class. Wow, just wow. This has the potential to completely transform my body if I stick with it. It's all body weight, tiny movements, and then stretching the muscles you just worked. Class moves quickly with zero rest. As one point, my left arm was shaking so much on the barre that I thought it was gonna come lose and take flight. One thing's for sure: I am going to have to stay at the top of my game nutritionwise just to simply have the strength to keep up with the others. I just had a delicious and big PWO meal, and I will now take a well-deserved nap. Thank you so much for the idea, hazyjane! I hope you can go to classes when a studio opens up in your town.


              Here is video of the Barre 3 class and studio:
              http://animoto.com/play/TRAUBLG8gprb...tent=main_link


              P.S. There was another first-timer there who had also broken her back, also sent there by her physical therapist. She fell from a ladder, I fell from a barn loft. What are the odds of that?! The teacher put us next to each other, and we both made it through and thought our backs felt really good afterwards.
              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

              Comment


              • Originally posted by geostump View Post
                I live in a very small rural area that is pretty much flat as hell. The middle of Ohio is not hilly at all.
                But wait, I thought it was ...

                (high in the middle and round on the sides...)
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

                Comment


                • It's funny, the other day my husband was talking to me but I didn't hear anything he was saying, because I had just noticed how much thinner my thighs were looking since going Primal.

                  I try to strictly follow the primal diet (I'd say I'm more 90/10 than 80/20) and lots of walks with my dog. 45 minute walk/day + sprints 1 day a week + 1 day of strength training a week (need to increase this to 2!). My thighs fell off...they don't touch anymore.
                  Primal Krista
                  The Paleo Lifestyle

                  ________________________________
                  Before and After Pictures.
                  Height: 5'8"
                  Peak pre-primal weight: 155lbs (6/25/11)
                  Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

                  Comment


                  • yeah... wish that happened to me.
                    I exercise a lot more than that, but I also eat a lot, so nothing "falls off."

                    Comment


                    • Forgot to mention in my last post that my stomach is where my difficulty lies. Arms and legs got toned, but I need to do more planks/pushup for the core...damn genetics. Why can't it program the fat to go somewhere more flattering? *sigh*
                      Primal Krista
                      The Paleo Lifestyle

                      ________________________________
                      Before and After Pictures.
                      Height: 5'8"
                      Peak pre-primal weight: 155lbs (6/25/11)
                      Current primal weight: 134lbs (9/9/11)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                        Welp, I just returned from my first Barre 3 class. Wow, just wow. This has the potential to completely transform my body if I stick with it. It's all body weight, tiny movements, and then stretching the muscles you just worked. Class moves quickly with zero rest. As one point, my left arm was shaking so much on the barre that I thought it was gonna come lose and take flight. One thing's for sure: I am going to have to stay at the top of my game nutritionwise just to simply have the strength to keep up with the others. I just had a delicious and big PWO meal, and I will now take a well-deserved nap. Thank you so much for the idea, hazyjane! I hope you can go to classes when a studio opens up in your town.


                        Here is video of the Barre 3 class and studio:
                        http://animoto.com/play/TRAUBLG8gprb...tent=main_link


                        P.S. There was another first-timer there who had also broken her back, also sent there by her physical therapist. She fell from a ladder, I fell from a barn loft. What are the odds of that?! The teacher put us next to each other, and we both made it through and thought our backs felt really good afterwards.
                        Thanks for your review! Isn't it neat? I've heard that to get the best results, doing it 3x or more/week is needed. It will get a little easier as you go on (though it never gets easy- my legs still shake at times!) Did you do "back dancing" (the butt lifts done while lying on your back)? I do that in my office to help the back strain I get from my crappy office chair
                        http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • My god. I think the biggest reason that women don't get the results they want is because they make themselves believe that running after my 3 yr old, lifting groceries and Barre or yoga classes are exercise. Look at any of the women here that have had the best success and you will find someone who has hit the iron. Not iron that is coated in pink and baby blue polypropylene either. If you can do it more than 20 min it's not exercise (LHT!). It's called "play" if you like it and "work" if you don't.
                          Don't be a paleotard...

                          http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

                          http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

                          http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

                          http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

                          Comment


                          • @hazyjane: I've got the oddest body parts hurting today, such as the back of my armpits. Everytime I move and the back of my armpits hurt, I think of you. Oh, and don't anybody try to make me laugh. Ouch. We did not "back dance" in the foundations class. Maybe in another class we will.
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chima_p View Post
                              My god. I think the biggest reason that women don't get the results they want is because they make themselves believe that running after my 3 yr old, lifting groceries and Barre or yoga classes are exercise. Look at any of the women here that have had the best success and you will find someone who has hit the iron. Not iron that is coated in pink and baby blue polypropylene either. If you can do it more than 20 min it's not exercise (LHT!). It's called "play" if you like it and "work" if you don't.
                              I think you're right, but clearly you've never done any type of Barre workout. It borders on HIIT, as I'm sure Tigerlily can now attest to. It def. fits the LHT category, as far as my burning, shaking thighs are concerned...
                              http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

                              Comment


                              • Right! I can't think of anything more LHT than my own body right now.
                                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X