Ladies... How do you lose the thighs?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    My thighs have gotten bigger, but definitely curvier after deadlifts and squats. My jeans are slightly tight around the thighs, slightly loose around the waist.
    I have this problem too, and to top it all off I'm 6 ft tall. Buying pants is a pain. This is the only place I can find jeans that are long enough and fit in the thighs AND the waist.

PZI Jeans

Comment

• I have the opposite problem. I really want my thighs to be bigger. I can do thousands of heavy squats and the only thing that gets bigger is my butt (which I don't mind, either). If there were such a thing as hamstring implants, I'd consider them.
      You might want to let go of squats, and try doing massive deadlifts instead after someone checked your form. That will pump up the hamstring after a while.

Nothing good to report here, swam and walked during vacations, it was fun, then came back and ballooned up another 4 lbs in 2 days (129 lbs on Sunday morning, 132.7 lbs this morning) - probably a reaction to some improper foods consummed, and activity drop from swimming& walking in Cuba to no cardio but walking (as of yet). Just 17 lbs to go to get back to the pre-loss weight of 150 lbs, the total gain is 11 lbs from the end of October when I stopped counting calories & started to aim to eat with appetite & reintroduced fruit into the diet. I want to emphasize that I don't even want to lose fat any more, I just want to stop gaining.
      Last edited by Leida; 01-08-2013, 08:08 AM.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
        I want to emphasize that I don't even want to lose fat any more, I just want to stop gaining.
        Has any of that become muscle? Did you measure it?
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Yes, measured, and no, most all of it is fat. My clothes barely fit, I have a big belly (slightly tightened up during Cuba vacations, but falling out again now) and WW scale only shows 1 or 2 lbs increase in muscle mass (~ 100-101 lbs LBM @122 lbs; 103 lbs of LBM @ 129 lbs). I assure you, I won't worry if it was bulging deltoids and quads, not gut and saddlebags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
            the total gain is 11 lbs from the end of October when I stopped counting calories & started to aim to eat with appetite & reintroduced fruit into the diet.
            It sounds like you have an answer. I know if I went back to eating fruit, especially this time of year, especially in large quantities, I'd start gaining like crazy again, too. I don't yet know *why* I have such a poor carb (especially grain, sugar, & fruit) tolerance, but I do, and I have to live with it until I resolve it.
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• But I for once having a controlled fruit intake. No more than 2 fruits a day on average. Often even less. And I looked tighter at Cuba (though pictures are 'to be deleted' quality of course), where I did consume some sugar and dates, and even, gasp, a cookie once in a while; the rest were pickled veggies, very few cooked veggies and freshly grilled fish (some meat once in a while). I was swimming in the ocean 3x a day for 30+ minutes, and walked ~ 5 hours a day on the beach. No lifting. Did some push-ups, but not serious. Saved energy for swimming back from the reef against the waves. No need to have a tombstone saying: "She was just trying to lose 10 lbs"

I am back to my normal regimen now, which includes things like work and chores, and exudes warm ocean & unlimited leisure. I eat much less, and far cleaner. I dropped dairy. I had honey because I felt chilled after Cuba. I assume it will re-balance, but I already let go of the goal of staying around 120, accepting a climb of 10 lbs in weight to be able to eat an apple or two a day. I kindda feel it will be a reasonable compromise between being merry and being fat. I know that stopping eating fruit won't get me to a 'ripped' body anyways, so yeah... just sticking to some not too fat weight would be nice. I can go without looking in the mirror as much as I can, and go with the increasingly loose and stretchy pieces as I change clothes over time. It would be nice to have it stopped somewhere, and somewhere lower than the post-pg weight.... Probably too tall an order.
              Last edited by Leida; 01-08-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X