Solo Play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Play?

Any ideas for solo play that you do and you'd like to share?

Just something you do when you want to play but there's no one to play with...

Dance!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I like riding my bike, for fun, not pushing it, just cruising around, makes me feel like a kid again, also the batting cage is fun and you don't have to share the balls with anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by amazonmagic View Post
        also the batting cage is fun and you don't have to share the balls with anyone.
        Also: driving range. It's especially fun if you suck at hitting golf balls.

Comment

Wow, yeah, I want to play like a kid again! I might take over the playground in the morning before the kids use it. I'd be shy trying to lumber all over their turf

Comment

I shared the playground with my niece and some other kids last weekend, it was FUN! The adults looked at me like I was crazy, but hey, who doesn't want to climb around on monkey bars and slide on slides? By the way you won't be all over their turf, they'll love that a big kid wants to play with them.
            Last edited by amazonmagic; 07-28-2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amazonmagic View Post
              I shared the playground with my niece and some other kids last weekend, it was FUN! The adults looked at me like I was crazy, but hey, who doesn't want to climb around on monkey bars and slide on slides? By the way you won't be all over their turf, they'll love that a big kid wants to play with them.
              Yep, I do this whenever I can. My kids absolutely love it when I do. I do get those looks from the other parents, but who gives a rat's ass what they think anyway.
              My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

i like hiking, biking and climbing on things mostly. but i'm also a fan of just shooting baskets on a basketball court, or finding a tennis court with a practice wall. and disc golf. i absolutely love disc golf.
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Ok, I haven't done this, but I probably would if I was ever really alone.

Get one of those large, soft inflatable balls you seen in the giant bins at Target, Walmart, etc... Take it to the park, and bat it in the air like a volleyball. Now stay under it and try to keep it from hitting the ground.

I used to do this when I was a kid, and it was a lot of fun and good exercise without having to think too much about what to do. For an indoor version, use an air filled balloon.

(Also, this thread could have gone an entirely different way...)

Comment

I'm still waiting for someone to chime in with a joke about playing with yourself.

Edit - Missed this the first time through:

Originally posted by Yaish View Post
                    (Also, this thread could have gone an entirely different way...)
                    Last edited by Al_Kavadlo; 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM.
                    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

+1 for disc golf.

You could get a hacky-sack too. Those are fun and can get you moving.
                      There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
                        I'm still waiting for someone to chime in with a joke about playing with yourself.
                        Why play with yourself when it is so much more fun to play with someone else?

Comment

I saw a girl in the park the other day with a hula hoop doing a great example of primal play. Rocking out with her headphones and she worked up quite a sweat doing it!

Comment

i like riding my bike as well. i have 2 bikes, one set up for road/bike path and one set up for trails. i havent been able to get out much this summer cause its so damn hot but i really want to
                            Primal Chaos
                            37yo 6'5"
                            6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                            current 338lbs 49" waist
                            goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                              +1 for disc golf.

You could get a hacky-sack too. Those are fun and can get you moving.
                              +1 hacky-sack is so much fun! (even though I suck)

Comment

Working...
                              X