Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

top 20 bodyweight exercises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • top 20 bodyweight exercises

    pretty cool post. thought i'd share.

    Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength

  • #2
    Good stuff. I would add dragon-flags to that list, but I suppose Front Lever already encompasses that movement in a way. Or I guess what I mean to say is if you can hold a front lever chances are you can do dragon flags.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great info..thanks!
      Living the dream, inside a myth

      Comment


      • #4
        He should have pics illustrating each one. He IS using a picture of Zuzana from BodyRock.tv for the pistol squat. Wonder if he got her permission?
        Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

        Comment


        • #5
          that's a great list.

          damn i need to get some rings
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by primalrob View Post
            that's a great list.

            damn i need to get some rings
            I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build myself an adult jungle gym but then I need to figure out what to do in winter.
            Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MightyAl View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build myself an adult jungle gym but then I need to figure out what to do in winter.
              My indoor pull-up bar saved me during this winter, and to make up for the lack of added weight I would focus on one-arm pull up variations like using a towel for assistance or whatever.

              You guys definitely need to get rings, whole different beast.
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

              Comment


              • #8
                Indeed a ncie list! I'd have a hard time finding 20 top exercises!

                I'd want to add a press to handstand, though it's more of a move, but it's a DARN powerful one! Hanging leg raise is another one.
                Another one would be the glute-ham raise/natural leg curl. (GHR/NLC). Hits your lower back, glutes and and hamstrings.

                Btw, am I the only one who senses a little photoshopping in that picture? I know gymnasts have amazing physique, buuut... it does look a little fake to me.

                Agree on the rings. You can use them for ANYTHING (almost... I have yet to find a way to do GHRs/NLCs with them, lol - I use my pullup bar for that.)
                Last edited by Bissen; 07-21-2011, 01:38 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bissen View Post
                  Indeed a ncie list! I'd have a hard time finding 20 top exercises!

                  I'd want to add a press to handstand, though it's more of a move, but it's a DARN powerful one! Hanging leg raise is another one.
                  Another one would be the glute-ham raise/natural leg curl. (GHR/NLC). Hits your lower back, glutes and and hamstrings.

                  Btw, am I the only one who senses a little photoshopping in that picture? I know gymnasts have amazing physique, buuut... it does look a little fake to me.

                  Agree on the rings. You can use them for ANYTHING (almost... I have yet to find a way to do GHRs/NLCs with them, lol - I use my pullup bar for that.)
                  I don't think the pic is shopped, gymnasts are that sickly fit, also: overhead lighting.

                  Regarding the press to handstand, I think "handstand push up" covers that, but I would agree with you that the lower back involvement in a press is fucking tough.
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hindu pushups?
                    www.everymanpaleo.com


                    "Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                      Regarding the press to handstand, I think "handstand push up" covers that, but I would agree with you that the lower back involvement in a press is fucking tough.
                      Hmm, almost but not quite. Press to handstand usually doesn't involve the "push-up" side of the movement too much. It's more of a lower back active flexibility / strength movement than an actual pressing movement. There is some push, but not as pronounced as in a regular HSPU.

                      At least in my experience / reading.
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

                      For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Good list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
                        turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pizzmor View Post
                          Hindu pushups?
                          Another good choice!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            hmm...i think i should find a pistol squat progression. of course i can't do most of those bodyweight exercises (i didn't look through the whole list, but i gather i can't do any of them), but that's the one that stood out to me.
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Im a huge fan of machines as all you have to do is concentrate on lifting the weight. Without worrying about balance and its easier to avoid momentum. Safety is the first priority in the gym.Nautilus machines are designed to the exact motion of the arms and legs so you cant get injured. How ever when I've progressed from say a pull down machine to chins, or chest press to dips. When performed safely they are great exercises which make a huge muscular difference.they also replicate what it was like living as a caveman.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X