Women and exercise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women and exercise

I've been thinking about the differences between men and women lately and I'm wondering if we should exercise differently?
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

no.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

absolutely not, get under the bar and do some squats

besides, gender does not exist, it is a social construct

Comment

The only time I think women might need something quite different than men is during pregnancy and postpartum (and postpartum mostly because you might be so busy w/ the new baby its harder to set aside the full 20-40 minutes to workout in!)

Check out BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv for some cool primal-like workouts led by a woman. Also check out this sweet thread about crossfit women. Be sure to watch the video in the article here: Intimidated by CrossFit Women? That’s a Good Thing. CrossFit Charlottesville You will be inspired!!!

I think the most important thing is to start with where you are--I really liked doing the Primal Blueprint Fitness basic tests to see where/how I needed to start working out. I also love Al Kavadlo's site for workout info--a great breakdown of levels/progressions of bodyweight exercises can be found here: Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! Mastering Your Body Weight

HTH!
        My Before/After Pics
        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Thanks for your input and links people.
          "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
          Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

Btw I'm not afraid of ending up looking like a man if I lift heavy. I don't like it much, but that's another story ...
            Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

You won't.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurb999 View Post
                You won't.
                I know that allready.
                Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Comment

Nope, not unless you're in the family way.

Al Kavadlo – We&#039;re Working Out! << check out his stuff, he's on here too he's super helpful!
                  I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Working...
                  X