Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good interval timer / stopwatch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good interval timer / stopwatch?

I bought a stopwatch a couple months ago, but it's not sufficient because it doesn't repeat on the interval timer. I have to keep pressing the start button to start another interval. This is impractical because I have to reset the watch at the end of each interval which is a PITA when doing tabata kettelbell swings.

I need a new stopwatch for tabata training. Anyone have any recommendations?

I researched the GymBoss which looks pretty good, anyone have one of these? Is there something better? What do you use?

I've had a Gymboss for about 2 years, only changed the battery once. It's pretty cheap, durable, small, it's very good all things considered. I believe there are also some apps for things like an Iphone that can do intervals.

Comment

Good idea. I checked the Android marketplace and downloaded a free app. called Tabata Sprinter by Sean Schulte. The application icon has the primal blueprint grok logo, so I picked that one.

Comment

My gymboss rocks--no experience w/ anything else though.
        My Before/After Pics
        Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

I already mentioned this in my post about Tabata strength training:

Tabata Pro - Tabata Timer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Pretty minimalistic and only for Tabata - and not free, but come on, it's a few bucks.

Workout Trainer für iPhone, iPod touch und iPad im iTunes App Store

This one is free, but not as minimalistic, and I don't like the "Hi there, I'm Sophia, your virtual personal trainer" approach. :-(
          Last edited by MikeEnRegalia; 07-03-2011, 02:45 AM.
          MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

Another very nice timer app, not only for Tabata, but also for all kinds of interval training:

UltraTimer HD für iPad im iTunes App Store

This is my favorite so far. You can also easily add custom intervals. :-)
            MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

gymboss has a free ipad app too

Comment

I'll toss in my endorsement of Gymboss, too. My experience is much the same as JeffC's: have owned one for over two years with one battery change. That includes a few instances in which I forgot to turn the thing off and it stayed on for 24+ hours! Mine's also taken a bit of unintentional abuse in that time frame, but it keeps ticking like new. Well worth getting one.
                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

I like HIIT Interval Timer for Android. Very configurable.
                  If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

gymboss

Comment

Working...
                    X