Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cardio exercise

Hey...
    Guys what do you think which cardio exercise is best....??
    share your opinion

sprinting
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Wild sex.

Gordo

Comment

- sprinting
        - sledgehammer tabatas (--tire beating-- die die a slow death, I will conquer you some day)
        - sled pushes (basically a weighted sprint though, no?)

anything where you breathe heavy and you don't want to do it again anytime soon.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

swimming
          RLTW

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
            Wild sex.

Gordo
            Which category would you place this, sprinting; or, in walking frequently?
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

hill sprints

Comment

I love those hill sprints

Comment

My workout today was pretty intense cardio wise: 500 m row, 60 kb swings w/35 lb, 40 box jumps, 20 burpees and 500 m row.

Also, stair sprints get my heart rate up like crazy.

Comment

I would say stair sprints, burpees, their variations and shadow-boxing are among my favorites.
                    ======== ==== == =
                    Be hardcore, drink water

Comment

Originally posted by Furan View Post
                      I would say stair sprints, burpees, their variations and shadow-boxing are among my favorites.
                      I wonder how you shadow box to get you out of breath! I could see if you're punching the heavy bag but shadow boxing? To each their own I guess.

Sparring (I only have experience in boxing, brazillian jiu-jitsu and muaythai) is great cardio too. Bjj "rolling" feels different from muay thai boxing (I felt much more spent after 3 rounds of boxing than I did in BJJ, not to say BJJ is easier because I never got past beginner lessons where I'm sure the players were taking it very easy on me)
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
                        Wild sex.
                        +1

Everything else is just practice.
                        People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

sex and swimming.
                          My Fitday public journal.
                          Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
                          Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
                          Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            I wonder how you shadow box to get you out of breath! I could see if you're punching the heavy bag but shadow boxing? To each their own I guess.

Sparring (I only have experience in boxing, brazillian jiu-jitsu and muaythai) is great cardio too. Bjj "rolling" feels different from muay thai boxing (I felt much more spent after 3 rounds of boxing than I did in BJJ, not to say BJJ is easier because I never got past beginner lessons where I'm sure the players were taking it very easy on me)
                            In Boxing, you're exerting more. Shadow boxing can be draining if you change the pace randomly. Sure, it's for form maintenance, but it can be used to as a means to quicken things up in the process. But, in a way, you're right; Shadow boxing takes a different toll on my body. At a certain point in the process, I'll end up aerobically fatigued, after being anaerobically fatigued, first.
                            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Oh and I forgot about rope-skipping

iniQuity, what I did not say is that I tend to combine multiple exercises when I'm doing cardio. So that's how I can get winded doing shadow-boxing, especially if I'm doing it like pure traditional forms, that is HiiT (high intensity interval training).
                              ======== ==== == =
                              Be hardcore, drink water

Comment

Working...
                              X