crossfit women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crossfit women

Intimidated by CrossFit Women? That’s a Good Thing. « CrossFit Charlottesville

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF
    ☆*☆my journal☆*☆

Great post.

Comment

Every time I start lifting again, I am reminded that I should have been doing this since high school. (Cuz I'm actually pretty good at it!)
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

*stomping and clapping*

Comment

Strong is the new skinny, and pop culture be damned, because we will no longer be constrained with an impossible ideal. We should approach our fitness experience like any other gym-goer and not be afraid of more.

So, for the women in our gym and at other real training centers, dig deep inside and know that you are capable of more. Don’t fear going up in weight, don’t fear the pain, don’t fear the skills you don’t know. And for the love of all things healthy, don’t fear your potential.
          Preach.

Comment

Love it. I needed that.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

ROCKIN!! Thanks for posting--very inspirational/motivational!!!
              My Before/After Pics
              Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Yes! And do not fear your age or let it limit your potential. I am over 50 and rockin' in the box. Boom!
                Cheeky Fit and Fifty

Comment

beautiful! thanks for sharing.
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Lovelovelove it! Thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by suki View Post
                      strong is the new skinny, and pop culture be damned, because we will no longer be constrained with an impossible ideal. We should approach our fitness experience like any other gym-goer and not be afraid of more.

So, for the women in our gym and at other real training centers, dig deep inside and know that you are capable of more. Don’t fear going up in weight, don’t fear the pain, don’t fear the skills you don’t know. And for the love of all things healthy, don’t fear your potential.

Preach.
                      oh hell yeah!
                      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                      SW 190lb
                      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                      GW ~135lbs
                      5'3"
                      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

LOVE this. It helps put into words what I love about being intimidated by that damn barbell and coming back for more, over and over.
                        Peace. Love. Steak.

Comment

Great article and loved the video. To me the line that stuck out was "In short, we fear more because, as women, we think we should be less." Sadly, that is so true on so many levels even beyond body size and the industrial beauty complex....
                          No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                          -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

+1. I'm 51 and like my crossfit 3x/week...

Comment

Good read, posted to my FB and tagged a few girls I know that do CF and some girls that do Muaythai, hopefully they'll re-post.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X