new shoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new shoes

I am in the market for some minimilist shoes and would appreciate advice on best options? I have tried VFF but don't like getting the toes in. Could someone help recommend some options without separate toe spaces that would be similar?

I love my Teva Zilch:

Men's Minimalistic Sport Sandals | Zilch by TevaŽ

Comment

I love my Luna sandals and merrell has a minimalist shoe that alot of people like..
      ~Danielle~

Comment

Wearing Altra Zero Drop shoes and loving them !
        Altra Running | Altra Zero Drop Shoes & Gender Specific Footwear is natural running
        Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

i like the look of the vivo barefoot haven't tried the personally so can't really comment on them but them seem ok to me
          Hey why not visit my blog at http://www.weightlossdonkey.com

'Read How I Lost 14 Pounds In 14 Days!'

Comment

Merrell Trail Glove is my everyday shoe. I use my VFF for hikes and playing in the woods and streams.

Comment

Hi - after recently breaking my fifth metatarsal I decided 'barefoot' was the way to go as much as possible. I do have vff kso which I love, but not always practical. I splurged on vivo AND merrells. I have vivo neo - love the kind of old school look of the neo but being white they have got a bit grubby. I'm going to use a toothbrush to clean when I get a mo. They look nice with jeans but most importantly a good feel underfoot. I wore then on a very long walking day in the city and considering I am post injury I felt good. Haven't run in them. The merrells I use with jeans as well but also in the gym. I squat, deadlift and am starting to barefoot run in them. I have slowly built up my time running for both the barefoot technique and also injury reasons. I like 'em. No need to strip to socks to lift - I feel grounded and running is really good! Some days I wear an old pair of Nike frees and to be honest I like this little selection of shoes. Personally I would try them on if you can. Vivo are kinda more relaxed and merrells are a little more fitted across the bridge. Both feel nice under foot. But at the moment can't comment on running outdoors - not brave enough quite yet. The ones I have have very different styles so sometimes it literally comes down to my mood. Hope this wittering from across the pond helps!
              Mac79

Comment

Merrell Trail Gloves. I like them better than the VFF. Hopefully Merrell keeps making them.

Comment

I have the trail gloves... love em

Comment

I've been contemplating buying some water buffalo sandals, which I totally loved back in my hippie days. And I have recoiled from vibram shoes because of what you said...every toe into a separate compartment? I don't think so. Of course, the sandals are not suited to sprinting, but for day-to-day wear, I've never experienced anything nearly as comfortable.
                    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Luna sandals rock, big time. They're my top pick. The Merrells have too much toe spring for me, and a lot more padding than I like, otherwise they're good. The Altra Adam and Samson both look great. Coming soon. The Vivobarefoot Ultra is getting rave reviews. The Vivobarefoot Achilles looks functional, but may be every bit as stylish as the VFFs. Can anyone say "camel toes"? LOL The New Balance Minimus is another option. Even more padding than the Merrells, but less toe spring. They put an elastic band across the forefoot that bothers some folks. Zemgear is releasing a running version next month. That's all that comes to mind right now. It's a great year for minimal shoes.

Gordo

Comment

Inov-8 195's or 230's

Comment

New Balance Minimus Trail. Still has a bit of a drop, but I've been wearing NB for a long time, and merrell stuff never seems to fit me quite right.

Comment

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
                            New Balance Minimus Trail. Still has a bit of a drop, but I've been wearing NB for a long time, and merrell stuff never seems to fit me quite right.
                            Thanks for these replies. Anybody have anything to share on the Merell Sonic Glove or the New Balance Road Minimus. I am not on the trails often.

Comment

I have some inov-8 f-lite 230's. They're pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X