Beach Hikes w/ a Weight Vest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach Hikes w/ a Weight Vest

Anyone else hike in the soft sand with a weight vest? I love it and it has become one of my favorite workouts. I use a 50 lb. vmax vest and just put my Ipod on and take off. I usually do 3 miles. I feel it everywhere, legs, glutes, core, traps... awesome. Great people watching on the bech too. Anyway, just wanted to share. Peace out.

oh, also love to throw in some pushups, lunges, body squats along the way!

Comment

Awesome! When I can get to the coast I do sand dune hill sprints. I am very jealous of you living so near the beach.
      Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
      Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
      The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
      Brute Force Sandbags
      www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
      http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Just checked those vmax vests out - are you sure people aren't looking because they think you're a suicide bomber?
        Seriously though, I reckon climbing the steep 200-yard hill behind my house in one of those would be a pretty hefty workout - might look into getting one of those.
        My primal journal
        You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
        In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake View Post
          Just checked those vmax vests out - are you sure people aren't looking because they think you're a suicide bomber?
          Seriously though, I reckon climbing the steep 200-yard hill behind my house in one of those would be a pretty hefty workout - might look into getting one of those.
          They do look at me funny! I can't figure out if they are saying "Hey! Look at that badass dude hiking in the sand with a weight vest!" or "Hey, look at that weirdo with bombs strapped to his chest!" I have had a few people stop me and ask about the vest though. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
            Awesome! When I can get to the coast I do sand dune hill sprints. I am very jealous of you living so near the beach.
            Wish we had sand dunes here in Florida but it is nice living on the coast! It is next to impossible to find ANY hills to sprint here, LOL. Unless you can brave the Landfill! =(

Comment

Working...
            X