No announcement yet.

Female dilemma - getting stronger, and bigger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds to me like the only way for you to get smaller would be to let your muscles atrophy, and I wouldn't. All that muscle mass is so healthy for you, and I bet you look absolutely gorgeous. Yopu are lucky that you can build it, too! Being small and narrow is NOT my idea of an ideal body.. although I think waify women like myself can be lovely as well.

Finding clothes that fit right is hard for every woman. The simple fact is that modern ready-wear laser-cut clothes are hit and miss for every body type. I have a model type build (often referred to as 'anorexic&#39 and it's very difficult for me to find flattering clothes that will accomodate my shoulders, hips and thighs (which are broader and curvier than the rest of me) that don't obscure my smaller areas and make me look like I have a boy-body...

"Muscle is denser and smaller. If you're truly the same weight you used to be, how could you be bigger if you now have more muscle? That doesn't make sense to me."

It's not so much overall size change, as where you bulk up when you put on muscle. If you get bigger in your lats, hips, and thighs (where I put on the most muscle), it REALLY changes how your clothes fit. I only gained about 5 lbs of msucle weight when I was working out hard-core, but I gained 2 inches of circumference around the top of each thigh, which was enough to make me grow out of most of my pants.

Comment

I'm glad you posted this. It's been on my mind lately, too. (I wrote about it here http://inthenightlife.blogspot.com/2...go-figure.html .)

In short, I have decided to embrace strength and the "look" that goes with it. I like it better every day. I think strong is sexy, and I like men who think strong is sexy. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Find a good tailor.

Comment

[quote]

I highly recommend the Valslide. You can really work your legs without using any weight or very light weight. </blockquote>

thanks for the tip Del..... I&#39;m going to check the Valslide out

Comment

"I think strong is sexy, and I like men who think strong is sexy. "

I wholeheartedly agree. Id say, keep lifting, girl!

Comment

Dilemma?!??! What are you talking about? Strong is SUPER sexy.

Like this: http://musculargirl.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/6bbyr28.jpg

(Work safe - just barely)

Muscular, but still feminine. (IMHO)

Just don&#39;t go beyond that. That&#39;s about the limit.

Comment

It does make for an interesting problem that requires a solution. Many of us are striving to reach these goals. Now we have some that are there and trying to find the balance required in maintenance. Personally I&#39;d rather look like Le Corre than the Governator.

Basic thoughts are don&#39;t change your healthy primal diet.

You beleive you have now achieved the muscle mass required to maintain a healthy and happy life.

What you need to do adjust your exercise enough to maintain the status quo. That will require that you develop a range based on using measurements, weight etc. As you approach the lower end you increase the program to keep you in the range and reducing as you reach the top so you don&#39;t exceed. Reduce the high intensity and increase the walking, swimming, dancing, judo, tennis, etc. Find an activity that you love and will channel the energy to keep you feeling good.

High intensity results probably can be achieved by keeping the same weight and time under load. I&#39;ll bet once every 14- 21 days will cover it. This should help maintain the muscle mass.

I really hope you give us your feed back. This is a serious issue and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Comment

Working...
                X