Favourite dumbbell lifts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite dumbbell lifts?

I've a pair of 35 pound dumbbells I throw around from time to time, was wondering what everyone's favourite mid to heavy weight dumbell moves are? Mine are getting stale.

Lunges! There is a great lunge that I call the 3-pump lunge and it will make you feel the burn! Do a walking lunge down a hallway and each time you switch feet, do 3 split squats (pulse up and down). Awesome leg workout!

Comment

'Clusters' - a clean into a thruster.
      Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
      Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
      The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
      Brute Force Sandbags
      www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
      http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Bent-press, it's kinda unorthodox for today's standards but I feel like I can lift more weight with it than a regular standing press.

Comment

Thrusters

Comment

Over the shoulder boulder holder.

Comment

i am not sure if they are heavier enough for you, but i enjoy doing farmers walks with dumbbells!

plus you could always do a lot of kettlebell type workouts with dumbbells too!!

Comment

Single arm shoulder press!

Comment

Bicep curl transitioning to an Arnold Press then slowly squat.

Comment

Gonna try some thrusters today! Thanks Palfrey!

You too Shamra, haven't done lunges in a while!

Comment

single arm cleans/snatchs. Squat thruster/ just thrusters. you could do a modified kettelbell swing (i like these). possibly Turkish get-ups (not too familiar with these). Farmer walks. pull-ups with the weight in between your legs (can be quite a challenge). You can even do a form of deadlifts and squats with those weights, even jump squats if you got the power.

Comment

Shrugs, farmers walks (for distance, I like going around the block, about 1.5 miles, with a single 40), snatches (can use an overhand, not hook grip to make it harder).
                        turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

Comment

Working...
                        X