oh man, my adductors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh man, my adductors

so i've been squatting and after 2 weeks of regular training, i had to take some days off to rest my adductors. am i alive, will i live? why are my adductors so garbage?

Do you sit down all day at work?

Comment

Use a foam roller, lots. Take some of the weight off and work on form. Make sure your knees are out. Strengthen your glutes and hams (glute ham raise, anyone?) DId I mention work on form?

I've had a similar issue. Narrow your stance a bit too at least for the time being.

Comment

I second a narrower stance and keeping your knees out. I dealt with the same problem for a few weeks not too long ago and those two things have helped tremendously. Also, don't neglect warming up. I start with the bar x5, 25's x4, 35's x3, 45's x2, 10-15 under my rep weight x1.

(above are pounds)

Comment

What Conner said, plus warm up on a rower or elliptical for 5 minutes before you ever go near the squat rack. Get your body temp up and the blood flowing to limber up the muscles.

Comment

If you aren't squatting regularly your adductors will be sore every time you do squat ... but luckily, the quickly adapt. Add some sumo squats at least once a week, and your adductors won't give you much trouble.
            MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

I had that when doing a wide-stance squat with feet pointed forward, powerlifting esque. With a shoulder width feet out I havent felt em hurting (could also be increased frequency though)

Comment

I brought my heels closer together and focused on keeping entire body tight. I forced it through the discomfort and the form is improving. Fifth set still messes with me a bit but it's much improved. I stretch, too. Well, my woman stretches me before bed.

Comment

Should have taken weight off when I posted this. Got to 170#, tried for 176# today and failed on the last rep of second set. Took it down to 120# and am focusing on form and keeping knees out. Form is critical. I rushed it to 170.

Don't rush! Look at the big picture! Does it really matter, in the end, if it takes me an extra month or two months or even 6 months to get to 300#? No.

I took all my weights down, in every exercise, including bench, and am focusing on keeping it tight, tight muscles, tight form.

Comment

Working...
                  X