• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fitness Pill...WTF?

EXERCISE IN A PILL? | Stanford Center on Longevity

go ahead. read it and be disappointed.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

I'd like to see it on a much larger sample size and humans or pigs. 3 mice doesn't say much for the legitimacy of the study.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
      EXERCISE IN A PILL? | Stanford Center on Longevity

go ahead. read it and be disappointed.
      I'll keep a look out for future reports of the mice growing extra limbs.
      This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
      Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Fecking ridiculous is all I have to say.
        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

Shit like this makes me wish all that rapture crap was true.
          People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

This truly saddens me. I cannot remember the post where someone put the youtube video of "the last man", but this truly shows that we have come to a point where we, as a society, are starting to choose to stop progressing and live comfortably.

Comment

in my opinion testing on mice, doesnt really do it for me when it has been sucesfully tested on humans i may consider my opinion on it but at the moment i think it is waste of time and effort

Comment

What I've learnt over the last 20-ish years studying various supplements and psychology is that there are always side-effects that crop up sooner or later. Boost something faster than we are biologically built to naturally handle and something else falls apart somewhere down the line, guaranteed. Natural is best. Slower, for sure, but best.
                Last edited by Sun; 05-27-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

That is most definitely cheating.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Eh, it's just a new form of steroids. Will be neat to see what the side effects end up being, I'm sure a lot of athletes are keeping a close eye on this.
                    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
                    -J.Stanton

Comment

Steroids = tiny nuts... Fitness pill = shriveled dick?
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                        Steroids = tiny nuts... Fitness pill = shriveled dick?
                        So then we just need to find what shrivels the dick, and reverse it. BOOM, INSTANT PROFIT!
                        "You don't have forever to change yourself."
                        Stefan Molyneux
                        Freedomain Radio

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
                        Mark Twain

Comment

I'm waiting for a shower pill.
                          Started my journey on May 22, 2010:

Beginning weight ~180
                          Current weight ~145

Nov. 9, 2009........Nov. 9, 2010.....Jun. 17, 2011
                          LDL 155...............LDL 176............LDL 139
                          HDL 39................HDL 66..............HDL 95
                          TGL 154..............TGL 77..............TGL 49

Comment

Where is my hotness pill?
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by ProtoAlex View Post
                              Eh, it's just a new form of steroids. Will be neat to see what the side effects end up being, I'm sure a lot of athletes are keeping a close eye on this.
                              I gave a journal club presentation on the paper this article is referring to. The study on mice can be found here...

AMPK and PPARdelta agonists are exercise mimetics. [Cell. 2008] - PubMed result

As for athletes keeping a close eye on this, well, AICAR and GW1516 are both officially banned from use in competition by the World Anti-doping Agency. I like the term they coined..."Gene Doping". Bottom of page 6 on this PDF...

http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/Wo...st_2011_EN.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X