Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human Flags Everywhere!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Human Flags Everywhere!

    Everyone loves the Human Flag! (Right, Zoebird?)

    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

    sigpic

  • #2
    lol, how many times did you get arrested

    Comment


    • #3
      Amazingly enough, we've yet to be harassed by the NYPD while doing this type of stuff.
      "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

      "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

      My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Um. Yeah. You could clearly kick their ass.
        Al...I'm loving your website! I perfected my handstand pushup last week, thanks to you!
        Keep rocking it!!!
        www.ohcrappottytraining.com
        This isn't what I wanted to be when I grew up; a potty trainer.
        I wanted to be a pirate. Well. You know how that goes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Have you tried doing a human flag on a human flagpole? Say you grip the arm and leg of a person standing up instead of gripping a pole. Maybe you would need one flag on each side to even ought the weight? Or the person would have to be able to hold up your weight as you hang there, I guess. Alternatively, the flagpole person could hold on to something to keep himself grounded.
          Norak's Primal Journal:
          2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
          2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
          2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

          Comment


          • #6
            NYC is so jaded, nothing gets noticed, not even birds care anymore they only move when you’re quite literally on top of their heads. Even if you run up to them (… yeah I’ve done it …) they’re all “lol we can fly stupid!” but don’t even bother to, they just scurry off a few feet then taunt you from a distance… someday, birds, it’ll be my day…

            Good work Al !

            I posted a comment on your blog but how do you think dragonflags translate to this skill? My dragonflags still need work (negatives are good, but can’t crank out more than five and I can only half-rep some positives)

            Planks bore me to tears but I guess side planks are in order…
            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gloworm View Post
              Al...I'm loving your website! I perfected my handstand pushup last week, thanks to you!
              Keep rocking it!!!
              Thanks! And congrats on the HSPU!

              Originally posted by norak View Post
              Have you tried doing a human flag on a human flagpole? Say you grip the arm and leg of a person standing up instead of gripping a pole. Maybe you would need one flag on each side to even ought the weight? Or the person would have to be able to hold up your weight as you hang there, I guess. Alternatively, the flagpole person could hold on to something to keep himself grounded.
              Danny and I have attempted this a few times, but so far have not been successful. Haven't tried it in a while though so maybe we'll give it another shot! I've seen it done though, there's a video or two floating around out there.

              Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
              NYC is so jaded, nothing gets noticed, not even birds care anymore they only move when you’re quite literally on top of their heads. Even if you run up to them (… yeah I’ve done it …) they’re all “lol we can fly stupid!” but don’t even bother to, they just scurry off a few feet then taunt you from a distance… someday, birds, it’ll be my day…
              Haha - I used to try to sneak up on pigeons when I was a kid - came close but never got one!

              Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
              Good work Al !

              I posted a comment on your blog but how do you think dragonflags translate to this skill? My dragonflags still need work (negatives are good, but can’t crank out more than five and I can only half-rep some positives)

              Planks bore me to tears but I guess side planks are in order…
              Dragon flags have some carryover, but I still think modified flag is the best way to start out. Btw, if you're doing dragon flags you don't need to be worrying about planks.
              "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

              "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

              My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Maybe like in acrobatics, you need a much smaller and lighter flyer to do human flagpoles. I will volunteer when I can do it!
                www.ohcrappottytraining.com
                This isn't what I wanted to be when I grew up; a potty trainer.
                I wanted to be a pirate. Well. You know how that goes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't hold your breath or anything
                  www.ohcrappottytraining.com
                  This isn't what I wanted to be when I grew up; a potty trainer.
                  I wanted to be a pirate. Well. You know how that goes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gloworm View Post
                    Maybe like in acrobatics, you need a much smaller and lighter flyer to do human flagpoles.
                    Haha - yeah my brother is about 10-15 pounds heavier than I am, so when we try it, I try to do it off of him. Still no luck yet, but it's only a matter of time!

                    Originally posted by Gloworm View Post
                    I will volunteer when I can do it!
                    Lemme know if you're ever in NYC!
                    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

                    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

                    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You know what I wanna see Al? Somebody doing a front lever while someone else is doing a dragonflag off of them… not sure if I’ve seen that before. The person doing the front lever would probably have to wear something that the other person could hang on to but actually the angles might not work right…

                      Go try it!

                      Or try the triple front lever with handstand like in this pic...



                      Beast, Zef, Rick or you as third (going by weight here..) or either one of you on the handstand… but actually if you were to do this on a bar the handstand wouldn’t even be necessary. You need somebody with a monster grip…
                      Last edited by iniQuity; 05-26-2011, 11:42 AM.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wow - that picture is insane! I love old-timey strongman pics!

                        I'm not quite at that level yet, but I bet Zef and Rick could pull off a double lever. I can't picture how the lever/dragon flag thing would look exactly though.
                        "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

                        "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

                        My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow. I just randomly got here and saw your human flag assault on the city and I am, well, overwhelmed, impressed, and totally crushing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks Robynbee!

                            Are you a woman? Most people who have e-crushes on me are dudes who have a man-crush.
                            "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

                            "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

                            My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow. Didn't know the term but I too am e-crushing.
                              www.ohcrappottytraining.com
                              This isn't what I wanted to be when I grew up; a potty trainer.
                              I wanted to be a pirate. Well. You know how that goes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X