Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Ninja Warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • American Ninja Warrior

    Was channel surfing and stumbled upon this show on the G4 network. It is a sick obstacle course and these guys are incredible athletes. Check it out.

  • #2
    I love the show, been watching it every year for several years. My ultimate fitness goal is to get on there and not embarass myself.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

    Comment


    • #3
      Are you talking about the competition in Japan that is broadcast in America?
      http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by tamo42 View Post
        Are you talking about the competition in Japan that is broadcast in America?
        Yeah, the Sasuke trials at Mt. Midoriyama.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, I cannot believe that this has been going on for appx. 18 yrs and this is the first I have seen of it. I am hooked!! I also found the concept of "free running" pretty cool too. When I found the show it was a 3 hour marathon and I watched the whole thing much to my wifes bemusement, haha!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Love the shows. American Ninja Warrior are the trials to select the 10 to go to Japan to compete in Sasuke (Ninja Warrior). ANW 3 is coming up this summer. It's on the G4 Channel.

            Comment


            • #7
              Love Ninja Warrior!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GUN5LING3R View Post
                Yeah, I cannot believe that this has been going on for appx. 18 yrs and this is the first I have seen of it. I am hooked!! I also found the concept of "free running" pretty cool too. When I found the show it was a 3 hour marathon and I watched the whole thing much to my wifes bemusement, haha!!
                Not only the show, but the competition itself has global cult status. Caught onto this about 3 years ago. Last season the guy who won American Gladiator qualified to go to Japan but fell on the spinning turtle thing. All the other Americans were freerunners.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by primalclubber View Post
                  Love the shows. American Ninja Warrior are the trials to select the 10 to go to Japan to compete in Sasuke (Ninja Warrior). ANW 3 is coming up this summer. It's on the G4 Channel.
                  I wasn't too keen on ANW the first season. The courses and challenges they had were either much too simple or had nothing to do with the Sasuke trials. Has it gotten more reasonable?
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    I wasn't too keen on ANW the first season. The courses and challenges they had were either much too simple or had nothing to do with the Sasuke trials. Has it gotten more reasonable?
                    Didn't see the first season but the new trials duplicate many of the obstacles on Sasuke thru the first two stages. The top 15 then compete for the 10 spots in an elimination "boot camp," which includes a "cliffhanger" and rope climb. They're offering $500k to any competitor who conquers Mt Midoriyama, which will be daunting, since the new "Ultimate Cliffhanger" is totally insane, and no one's completed Stage 3 the last two seasons (Sasuke 25 and 26).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by primalclubber View Post
                      Didn't see the first season but the new trials duplicate many of the obstacles on Sasuke thru the first two stages. The top 15 then compete for the 10 spots in an elimination "boot camp," which includes a "cliffhanger" and rope climb. They're offering $500k to any competitor who conquers Mt Midoriyama, which will be daunting, since the new "Ultimate Cliffhanger" is totally insane, and no one's completed Stage 3 the last two seasons (Sasuke 25 and 26).
                      Hmmm. May need to watch ANW this year, then. Yeah, the Ultimate Cliffhanger is a BITCH! That just scares the hell out of me.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by primalclubber View Post
                        Not only the show, but the competition itself has global cult status. Caught onto this about 3 years ago. Last season the guy who won American Gladiator qualified to go to Japan but fell on the spinning turtle thing. All the other Americans were freerunners.
                        Ninja Warrior is amazing; I am always in awe. Now I have some perspective too, as that guy who won American Gladiator -Rocket/Evan- shows up at my gym once in a blue moon... he is an amazing athlete, but even he was defeated!

                        Would love to see a Primal Ninja Warrior, maybe Naiad will do it?
                        Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X