Mobility routines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobility routines?

I'll start by saying that I'm NOTORIOUSLY inflexible.

I'm tall, have really long limbs, and I'm just stupidly inflexible.

Lifting heavy weight is really helping with this. I've noticed that my lower body mobility has improved now that I've been doing squats, but I'm still just really inflexible, so I think I need to start adding in some mobility work.

I really don't know where to start on this. Does anybody have any good resources to get myself more mobile/flexible?

MobilityWOD
    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
    Brute Force Sandbags
    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Can't see all of the content here at work, but that looks like good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbitt81 View Post
        Can't see all of the content here at work, but that looks like good stuff!
        Start at video 1 and go from there..
        Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

Check out these videos by Ido Portal. Many of them are advanced, but he also shows progressions for beginners on many of them:
          YouTube - ‪portaldo's Channel‬‏

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
            I second Mobility WOD

Comment

A few rounds of the Sun Salutation sequence is very, very good for flexibility, and simple to do. Anyone who's ever done yoga can show it to you, or you can pull up a you-tube video or two.

Comment

I second the mobility WODs, although I don't do them...

However, I do Ido's shoulder and scapula mobility pretty much 4 times a week. It's only been a couple of weeks, but I feel some loosening up!

Comment

Did the first MobilityWOD.

That's good stuff! Thanks, Coach!

Comment

Comment

Coach,

Any recommendations or resources you could offer up for the SI Joint. I injured mine two years ago and still battle pain and flexibility. A youtube video posted by a guy named bigmikeo I found helped to reset it but I am looking for reducing the need to reset it constantly and at least keep it stable and pain free.
                      You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer View Post
                        Coach,

Any recommendations or resources you could offer up for the SI Joint. I injured mine two years ago and still battle pain and flexibility. A youtube video posted by a guy named bigmikeo I found helped to reset it but I am looking for reducing the need to reset it constantly and at least keep it stable and pain free.
                        If you need constant resetting there may be an issue with spinal misalignment or gait - have been able to have either of these analysed? It's tricky to give specific recommendations without knowing a little more about you but generally adding in some strengthening work (under load) will greatly aid in increasing the stability.

I generally favour squats, overhead squats and suitcase deadlifts in these cases - anything that has multi-directional stress (resisting against forces) as opposed to multi-directional movement can help to minimise any further pain.
                        Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                          If you need constant resetting there may be an issue with spinal misalignment or gait - have been able to have either of these analysed? It's tricky to give specific recommendations without knowing a little more about you but generally adding in some strengthening work (under load) will greatly aid in increasing the stability.
                          I squat, deadlift, etc as you mentioned. I visit a chiropractor when it gets beyond my control. I hike, mtnbike, and swim as well. Taking a break from the weights right now and on week 8 of a Navy Seal workout with single limb exercises such as front, back, and side lunges, bodyweight squats, pushups, pullups, dips, etc. I have been looking for specific stretches and exercises to strengthen the area so it will stay in place. I'm sure my desk job doesn't help......
                          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer View Post
                            I squat, deadlift, etc as you mentioned. I visit a chiropractor when it gets beyond my control. I hike, mtnbike, and swim as well. Taking a break from the weights right now and on week 8 of a Navy Seal workout with single limb exercises such as front, back, and side lunges, bodyweight squats, pushups, pullups, dips, etc. I have been looking for specific stretches and exercises to strengthen the area so it will stay in place. I'm sure my desk job doesn't help......
                            Just pay particular attention to your hip alignment when doing this. Can you OH squat or just back? As always, video of you lifting/training will help.
                            Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

For the record:

I can't say enough good things about mobilitywod.com!

I started on the day when I posted this thread, and I've done them every day since, I've even gotten my girlfriend doing some of the stretches. They're incredible. I can tell that power lifts are better, and I just feel better/more athletic.

Big fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X