Starting PBF tomorrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting PBF tomorrow

Hi Peeps. I finally decided to start the PBF routines tomorrow after 4 mos of mostly Primal eating (wow it`s flown by!). My question comes in regards to a former P90X person....Kenpo should be a fine workout for the moving at a slow pace category right? In my understanding the workouts should be at a 55-75% range correct? According to previous readings from my HRM I`m at the upper limit of that from Kenpo. And since I haven`t conditioned myself in these Reno hills for running yet I`m thinking of a Plyo workout (jump training) as my sprinting? I don`t have a set of weights as I`ve been using dumbbells and resistance bands; will these work for lift heavy? I`m reading the ebook but thought I`d pick your experienced brains as well Thanks for any help
    In reading the PBF guide it looks s though I don`t need weights? Just push-ups and the like? Am I correct?
    Last edited by pattyd; 05-19-2011, 06:06 PM. Reason: more questions lol
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

I think it should be great for that. You can control the pace in that one to keep it low.
    I'll have to bust a session out now.
    My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
    www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

I also don`t have a chin-up/pull up bar....

Comment

Do you have a tree with reachable branches anywhere nearby?

Comment

I don't have a pull-up bar either and it was recommended I use the dining room table and do a reverse pull up of sorts off that.
          Last edited by Karate Lisa; 05-20-2011, 07:59 AM.
          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

I just started PBF workouts this week too, thanks for the thread Patty. Did my second workout last night. Patty I am doing the workout outside and using the kids playground equipment for my alleged pull-ups.

Comment

I also plan to download Mark's YouTubes and put them on my iPod so he can walk me through these.

Comment

Finished my 2nd LHT work out today, coming from P90X the relaxed and condensed work out is appreciated. I am digging it so far.
                My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

I've been doing PBF since I went Primal months ago--love it!
                  Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                  Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                  Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
                    Finished my 2nd LHT work out today, coming from P90X the relaxed and condensed work out is appreciated. I am digging it so far.
                    Today I`ll do my "placement test" and start the real routine tomorrow. Glad to hear you`re liking the switch

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickF View Post
                      Do you have a tree with reachable branches anywhere nearby?
                      Yea, but not the right kind of branches. The angle is really weird. For P90X I took my resistance bands and attached them to my 4 corner bed posts which are high; guess I`ll do that for this workout too

Comment

Working...
                      X