A good workout routine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good workout routine

and I'm not talking about the PBF, I have this and will probably do this at a later stage if I decide not to re-join the gym.

So I'm currently lifting 3x per week, 1 upper, 1 lower and 1 mixed circuit style and then do 20 min intervals after 2 of the sessions. I then do a kickboxing class 2x week because I love it and get a good workout.

I know some people here do crossfit which I would love to do but can't afford to and others seem to do well on various other type programs, so my question is does anyone have a good fitness program to follow or weights workout I can do at the gym? Something that is going to work all over (even though my lower half is my problem) that will get me some results. I feel like a hamster just going around and around all the time and altough I have been doing weights for 15 years, the primal thing has been the last 6 months so I'm getting a bit lost.

I am female, 5ft 6 with about 3kgs to loose and alot of toning up on the bottom half.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

This is a program that I posted for another forumite. A stripped-down version of what I'm doing - the Greyskull LP - with the neck/bicep work taken out so there's room for your own assistance stuff after the important lifts.
    The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
    Blog
    sigpic

Comment

You could just follow the WOD from crossfit.com and do it at your own gym or location. won't cost you a thing and there are crossfit websites that are very helpful for people who do this.
      RLTW

Comment

Sarahz, we must be thinking the same this morning!! I've been doing 2 days a week of full body circuits, minimal rest, and this morning I was thinking "I need a new routine to shake it up, maybe I'll ask the guys at MDA". I also try to do 1-2 days of Vinyasa Yoga and 1-2 days running--1 Long (2.5-3.5miles with 3yo in stroller) and one shorter day just me. But, I've become really bored with my routine and I'm not seeing the results. I'm like Primal Fist, though, I believe in getting in, working HARD and getting the F out--45 minutes max at the gym
        Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn Grokker View Post
          Sarahz, we must be thinking the same this morning!! I've been doing 2 days a week of full body circuits, minimal rest, and this morning I was thinking "I need a new routine to shake it up, maybe I'll ask the guys at MDA". I also try to do 1-2 days of Vinyasa Yoga and 1-2 days running--1 Long (2.5-3.5miles with 3yo in stroller) and one shorter day just me. But, I've become really bored with my routine and I'm not seeing the results. I'm like Primal Fist, though, I believe in getting in, working HARD and getting the F out--45 minutes max at the gym
          Amen, sister. I do three lifting workouts a week and one conditioning session. 168 hours in a week, and I'm getting great results from a program that takes me no more than 2 3/4 hours out of that 168. So good it's almost criminal, or at least it would be if it was easy at any point at all, ever
          Blog
          sigpic

Comment

Sandbag Fitness or, as Beaver said, follow the wod's on Crossfit. The whole notion of crossfit is based around the garage gym concept - inspiring people to work out on their own, at home if they want. When you come up against a skill that you just cannot master on your own, then go and get some coaching.
            Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
            Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
            The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
            Brute Force Sandbags
            www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
            http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

bodyrock.tv is a good source for at home bodyweight routines.

Comment

The Daily Fitness Solution Blog

Some good ideas on here that require little to no equipment.
                "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

Monday - Barbell... squat, bench, deadlift, standing overhead press... 3 sets of 5 reps
                  Wednesday - Hill sprints 8 x 75-100 meters
                  Friday - Barbell power clean and press 3x5, pullups and dips (weighted pullups and dips eventually)

Comment

Originally posted by arthurb999 View Post
                    Monday - Barbell... squat, bench, deadlift, standing overhead press... 3 sets of 5 reps
                    Wednesday - Hill sprints 8 x 75-100 meters
                    Friday - Barbell power clean and press 3x5, pullups and dips (weighted pullups and dips eventually)
                    Doing all four big lifts on Monday is a very bad idea.
                    Blog
                    sigpic

Comment

@Fist:

It depends on how much weight he's doing. I'm about 7 weeks into a Starting Strength type protocol (2x week, though, not 3x) and I'm doing 3 of the four biggies on the same day (squat, bench, deads) plus heavy power shrugs. My squat and DL will be 210 on Sunday, bench @155, and shrugs at around 300. I'm sore but recover fine. I suspect when I get closer to 300 on squat and deads that I will have to separate them. But Rip has squat, bench, deads on the same day for training purposes, again, at the novice level.

If he's doing really heavy weights on all of them, then he is a man of steel.

Comment

Wow thanks for your comments and Abu sorry I am a female. I have taken all those ideas on board and will see what I come up with.

I love bodyrock tv but would prefer to do her workouts at home which means if I don't re-join the gym then maybe that's something I would consider then. I would love to have her physique. I actually tried one of her workouts once which didn't look particularly hard and I couldn't even get past the first exercise, not because I am not fit it was just really different to what I am used to doing. It involved being in a kneeling position on the floor and jumping up onto your feet and I couldn't believe I couldn't do it!

Sandbag fitness looks great but I really do need a sandbag but will consider maybe the primal fist routine for time being. I suspect I am one of those chicks that feels you need a good 45 min workout not 10 min but am slowly coming around to the idea, the fact that my life is so busy with the kids and that I get bored easily and still not making progress makes me wonder! That blog posted is also awesome. So many ideas to choose from.

I would love to run but unfortunatley I can't however for my spints I either do HIIT on bike, or spin or use my kickboxing classes for sprints!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by ennasirk View Post
                          The Daily Fitness Solution Blog

Some good ideas on here that require little to no equipment.
                          That's a cool site. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Working...
                          X