my new BW routine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new BW routine

As I've mentioned before, I've been doing Convict Conditioning for a while now. I've been trying to focus on doing one of the "Big Six" exercises per day with Sunday being my rest day. I usually just do one set until failure, rarely I'll try a second set. Lately I've wanted to add a little intensity to my workouts, but I still want to keep it bodyweight only so I can do them when I'm away from home. Here is the new routine I've come up with:

Monday (shoulders/legs)
    handstand pushups, pistols, shoulder circles, calf raises

Wednesday (back/biceps)
    chinups, bridges, pullups, supermans

Friday (chest/abs)
    one arm pushups, hanging leg raises, deep pushups, crunches

I use one of those iron gym door pullup bars for the pulls and chins, and flip it on the ground for the deep pushups. I know that I had biceps but not triceps in there, but I figure with all the pushup variations my tris will get hit well enough. I do each exercise to failure then move on to the next, and when I get to the last exercise I start over with a second set. So far I haven't made it to a third set .

The intensity level of my workouts has dramatically increased, and I'm still using all the "Big Six" exercises, but I don't want to leave out any great exercises that I "should" be doing. I'm hoping some BW fanboys and experts like Al K. can chime in let me know of any way I can boost the effectiveness of my workout.
    “Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” ~ Aristotle

What is Spartan Strength?
Working...
X