Interval apps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interval apps

What app/s are you using to help with timing sprint intervals - need some app recommendations for a Blackberry.

I don't time mine. I just run 75-100 yds (depending on which field I go to) as fast I can. I then walk back and do it again. Repeat 10 times. Takes about 10 - 12 minutes I think.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

I have a tabata timer on my iPhone, which is awesome.

Comment

If you are sprinting, I'd use a gym boss. Don't want to damage your phone running. I use the HIIT app from the Android Market when I'm doing interval stuff in the garage.
        "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
        Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

Depending on where you run, you can use landmarks for your intervals. On the street, I prefer lamp posts. Sprinting between one pair and jogging between the next.

-PK
          My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick the Destroyer View Post
            If you are sprinting, I'd use a gym boss. Don't want to damage your phone running. I use the HIIT app from the Android Market when I'm doing interval stuff in the garage.
            I also ponied up for a gym boss. For about $20, it's totally worth it, especially since I don't want my phone anywhere near me when I'm working out.

Comment

Originally posted by happy1 View Post
              What app/s are you using to help with timing sprint intervals - need some app recommendations for a Blackberry.
              A stop watch?
              Norak's Primal Journal:
              2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
              2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
              2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

Yeah, the Gymboss is about the best interval tool you can get.
                Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                Brute Force Sandbags
                www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                  Yeah, the Gymboss is about the best interval tool you can get.
                  +1...best $20 I ever spent.

Comment

iPhone has a gymboss app too, maybe bb does.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas - never heard of the Gym Boss. til now!!

Comment

I currently like to use the Gymboss timer as my main interval app. Not the one on the iPhone but the actual real deal and I prefer it because I don't want to carry around my cell phone while I'm working out. I use it pretty much everyday and it'll always have a place in my gym bag. I wrote a Gymboss review for all those who are interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X