Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best body building supplement for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best body building supplement for me?

I'm 14 years old. 5 foot 9 and 125 pounds. I'm starting high school football next and need to get more muscle on my lean body. Please let me know what you think the best body building supplement would be for me.

Food, Water and Sleep. That's all you need. Eat meat, chicken, pork, eggs, veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and have some cheese and milk. Don't worry about how much. Eat till you are satisfied. You do not need any specific type of supplement or pill.

Comment

Meat, potatoes and eggs,, water and sleep.

Work hard, eat hard, sleep at least 8 hours a day, don't waste your money on powders.
      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

The best supplement you could buy would be a book called "Starting Strength" by Mark Ripptoe.

Comment

Deadlifts, squats and meat.
          Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
          Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
          The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
          Brute Force Sandbags
          www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
          http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

I am in agreement with everyone who posted above. Check out this blog I wrote about why I don't use exercise supplements.
            "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

Everything that has already been said
              My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

All of the above is great advice.

Believe me...if there was a magic supplement...I would have found it, because it seems over the years I have tried them all. Some may help for a time but their effects are hit or miss between individuals and in the end are not lasting.

Admittedly I do down some fish oil and a couple of generic items...but as as far as something to help in your training, as others have said in this post...train smart and hard, eat right, drink plenty of water, and sleep soundly. Make those the foundation for your training, and save your $$$ on the supplements.

I know this may not be the answer that you are looking for, but if I had back every $$$ that I wasted on useless supplements over the years, my wallet would be pretty fat.

Good luck!

Comment

Only thing I would add to what everyone has said is whole milk.
                  RLTW

Comment

Originally posted by Zaupnautik View Post
                    I'm 14 years old. 5 foot 9 and 125 pounds. I'm starting high school football next and need to get more muscle on my lean body. Please let me know what you think the best body building supplement would be for me.
                    Sleep and no football.

Comment

Originally posted by beaver View Post
                      Only thing I would add to what everyone has said is whole milk.
                      Yup whole milk +1! Also some (hill) sprints!

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                        Food, Water and Sleep. That's all you need. Eat meat, chicken, pork, eggs, veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and have some cheese and milk. Don't worry about how much. Eat till you are satisfied. You do not need any specific type of supplement or pill.
                        This

Comment

Steak, in high school a buddy and I did man dates all summer about once a week to have giant steaks. Everything else that everyone said is great too. Work hard, rest hard, enjoy being a kid.
                          "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Comment

Originally posted by js290 View Post
                            Sleep and no football.
                            That video is amazing. You should post that up in its own thread. Just watched it through the whole way. Everyone on this forum could benefit from watching it.

Comment

as a former football player in HS and powerlifter...

Meat... red meat... lots of it. I swore by london broil... cheap lean but not to lean... cook it rare.

And most important... Squat, bench, row, clean and jerk.... also i cannot stress enough the importantce of squats and clean and jerks ... people hate squats, learn to love them.

Enjoy football man,
                              Erik

Comment

Working...
                              X