Primal moves that improve posture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal moves that improve posture?

I was wondering if there are any primal fitness moves/exercises that could help with posture?
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

What kind of posture problems are you thinking of?

Planks, squats and barefoot sprints might help a lot in strengthening posture related muscles.

Comment

Thanks, I just don't think I sit up straight and such, I don't have strong core, or back muscles at the moment so that is probably why. planks might be good to try.

Comment

Posture can be worked on 24/7, no postures required. Now that you are aware, line it up and make it your new normal

Comment

Yeah, Planks, squats and deadlifts are good for posture.

Comment

Deadlifts and OH squats will fix most problems for most people. Posture is a very personal thing though - what are your particular postural problems?
            Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
            Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
            The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
            Brute Force Sandbags
            www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
            http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Try what I call "Supermans" (they probably have a name, I just don't know it). Just lay on the floor on your stomach, put your arms out in front of you like Superman, and raise your arms and legs a few inches of the ground. Hold that position as long as possible.

Back extensions may be beneficial as well. And I agree with the everyone else on the deadlifts/squats.

Comment

Strength training with good form.
                Feldenkrais.
                Awareness of the issue and repeated self-correction until good posture becomes your new habit.
                Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

I highly recommend planks. I discovered that my weak abs were a serious problem during a weekend tango festival a few weeks ago -- my midsection would sag during leaning moves and my lower back would curve too much. I ended up with a ridiculous amount of back pain. I've been doing planks 3x a week now to combat it.

I also agree about deadlifts and squats but proper form is absolutely essential for these. I've seen too many people really screw up their backs doing deadlifts with poor form.

Comment

No real posture problems. I feel like if i work full body movements i will be fine. I know when my core is strong i stand taller.

Comment

Yoga!
                      The Paleo Periodical
                      It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

i'm not really bendy at the moment lol i would have to do the "easy" version of the exercises I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by primalprincess7 View Post
                          i'm not really bendy at the moment lol i would have to do the "easy" version of the exercises I would think.
                          It's not about being bendy. As my teacher says, there are plenty of flexible folks who aren't properly aligned. That's why yoga is so great for posture, they focus on proper anatomical alignment. You also strengthen and lengthen muscles at the same time, a very Primal workout.
                          The Paleo Periodical
                          It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                          X