New PR and best deadlift day ever.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PR and best deadlift day ever.

Last Wed I put 375 lb on the bar and it felt like I was trying to lift the world. I was so pissed because i was going for 480x5. I got a deep tissue massage on Tuesday because my back has just not been feeling right. I left their feeling much better. Woke up Wednesday morning and decided to look on YouTube for any new videos on my favorite dead lifter Benedikt Magnusson. To my surprise their was one. The man now holds the RAW (belt only) dead lift record of 1015 lbs. He passed Andy Bolton’s equipped (knee wraps and a suit) record of 1008. Needless to say that blew my mind and I watched it like twenty times.

I headed right to the gym pumped up and went through the warm up sets. Put 450 on the bar and it went up very easy. Feeling froggy I said F it I'm going for that damn elusive 500lb lift. Slapped the weight on along with my belt and straps (working on grip strength). I ripped the mother F’er off the ground and managed to do 5 reps. FIVE for christ sakes. Not only did I beat my PR I crushed it. I would have killed for a lifting partner at that moment because celebrating quietly alone is not that fun. Anyways thought I would share my great day and if you have a second YouTube Benedikt Magnusson 1015 and watch in my opinion the greatest feat of strength ever done.
    "Live Free or Die"

congratulations a beastly effort !
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paleo-...43036789093004

Comment

Thanks man. I have been busting my ass to get a six pack and strength. I know I should focus on one or the other but I'm greedy lol. 189.6 lbs right now so 500x5 is pretty darn good. I would love to hit six hundred at this weight by mid august. Mid august will be one year lifting. Thanks again.
      "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Good stuff.
        Whenever I hit a new PR I desperately try and re trace my food intake for the day and mimic it next time I know I've got a big session on the way.

It basically never works....

Benedikt is not human, he must have forklift in his DNA somewhere. He dose however have the best psyche up dance in powerlifting.

He features heavily in this doco - their children....the mind boggles.

Comment

good lift. congrats.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Nice lift! 2.5 bw is pretty dang strong. I shout out a virtual RAWR to you, my friend.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

WOW. If I get to 2.5 bw in 1 year, I'd be super psyched too. Good job.

Comment

that rocks. I'm a huge Benedikt fan too!

Comment

awesome lift!
                  ad astra per aspera

Comment

Congrats! That's seriously cool.
                    ďIf I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.Ē --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Beastly! I am still going for 400 on deadlift. I'm hoping 5/3/1 will get me there.

Comment

Damn....very impressive lift.

Comment

Good stuff man!
                          Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                          Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                          The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                          Brute Force Sandbags
                          www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                          http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Great lift!

Comment

The power of the mind right? I saw that Benedikt video and itís amazing, the dude has gorilla arms!!

Check out this videoÖ

I wonít argue over which feat is best, thatís really not the point, the point is how sometimes you have to just pump yourself up mentally, and visualize what you want to achieve. Iím trying to do this too but itís hard to tap into it.

Itís impressive enough to do a handstand push up, full rep, itís difficult to hold the bottom position of a 90 degree push up, transitioning from one to the other requires a lot of strength and obviously balance.

Doing it on 3 fingers though? Ö shit, even doing push ups on my fingers is tough. I canít hold an L-sit on fingers wroth a shit, the pressure is ridiculous.

And Benediktís WR deadliftÖ

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X