Nauseous after sprinting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nauseous after sprinting

So I've only been primal for a week or so and I'm very out of shape. Hubby and I walked the dogs and decided to sprint home (maybe 30 seconds from home). I was very out of breath after, panting, etc. 5-10 minutes later I feel slightly Headachey and nauseous and I have no idea how to prevent this feeling. Should I only sprint for 15 seconds next time? I walked around a bit to slowly lower my heart rate and I've been drinking water slowly.
    Any advice?

Thanks!!

lol... it gets easier.

If you're just starting out, i'd recommend doing hill sprints... although harder, they teach you proper mechanics and the risk of injury is less. 8 rounds x 20 seconds all out would be a good start.

Comment

Agree with Arthur, it gets easier. But I'd start with a 10-15 second sprint. Do 2. Next time, do 3. Etc. It gets easier. I wouldn't overcommit and try to do 8.

30 seconds is too long to sprint if you're new at this.

Comment

Thanks so much I'll try that

Comment

Thanks Abu, it's good to know that it gets easier.

I dl PBF so I'll be reading that asap

Comment

If your new at all this....go easy, go easy! It'll get better, just stick with it!!

Comment

Are you overweight? If so, go easy on sprinting until you lost some weight. Running and sprinting are exercises which heavily (pun intended) depend on your bodyweight. A good alternative would be cycling - it's also harder if you're overweight, but much easier on the joints, and you can adjust intensity more easily.
              MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X