No announcement yet.

Any older gals out there do stonglift?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any older gals out there do stonglift?

I am nearly 60 and in need of a wt training routine to get me motivated. I have been lifting off and on for nearly 30 yrs but was slacking off these past couple of years. I don't bounce back as quickly as I did in my 30's though.
    Just wondering if there are any older gals out there that have used the Stronglift method. I went to the website but is all about men doing Stronglift. What happened to the gals?

OOps looks like I forgot the R in stronglift in the title. Sorry.

I never heard of strongfit? is it like strongman or ironman? I've been lifting for over 20 years and I'm still doing it.
    Health is Wealth!

Comment

I'm 48, a former personal trainer. I used to lift, but my goals have changed and I'm now doing Mark's PB Fitness bodyweight workout, which is really working for me.
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I started a slightly modified version of Stronglift this morning.
        StrongLifts 5x5: How to Gain Raw Muscle and Brute Strength | StrongLifts.com

Since it is geared towards men I am doing the same exercises but am starting with lower upperbody wt. so I don't tear anything. I am doing the same as the men in the squats cuz I have always done heavy lifts for squats.
        Here is the entire workout;
        Workout A
        Squats
        Bench press
        Barbell rows

Workout B
        Squats
        Overhead press
        deadlift

I am writing more in my personal forum post here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8053-9.html in a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
        X