Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you ever feel alone in this??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • do you ever feel alone in this??

    I feel so alone in this lifestyle but I know that there are many here to help me along. so I am asking for some help here.

    I am so unmotivated since it is currently still winter here in the Rocky Mountains. I am getting ready for work and have tomorrow and Friday off so was wonding if anyone want so do a "fitness buddy" of sorts here. I am in the mountain time zone and need to feel like I can do this.

    I would like to see a personal challenge put out for tomorrow to get those of us that are struggling with fitness some help with getting going.

    any takers???????
    Gretchen in Wyoming
    Princess to the King
    Mom of 3
    Grandma of 1
    Bride to Steven

    my blog Mama Goes Primal

  • #2
    This is a rare enough thing that you'll be alone almost anywhere except Ohio. I'm finding this forum to be of tremendous help, not sure how successful I would have been w/o it.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

    Comment


    • #3
      I guess what I am asking for is for others to share a WOW or other that they are doing and I can also do it starting tomorrow. I work in the afternoons on Tuesday & Wednesdays adn all day Sat/Sun so mornings are good for me
      Gretchen in Wyoming
      Princess to the King
      Mom of 3
      Grandma of 1
      Bride to Steven

      my blog Mama Goes Primal

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey sghulett - Why don't you start by picking out some workouts from the Daily Exercise Thread each day? You can start from the beginning of the thread and move down each day. If you are unable to do the exercises, skip to the next one. It will help you learn functional, varied movements and also give you a feeling of what other Groks do for fitness. What part of Wyo do you live in?
        ad astra per aspera

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sghulett View Post
          I feel so alone in this lifestyle but I know that there are many here to help me along. so I am asking for some help here.

          I am so unmotivated since it is currently still winter here in the Rocky Mountains. I am getting ready for work and have tomorrow and Friday off so was wonding if anyone want so do a "fitness buddy" of sorts here. I am in the mountain time zone and need to feel like I can do this.

          I would like to see a personal challenge put out for tomorrow to get those of us that are struggling with fitness some help with getting going.

          any takers???????
          When you say 'struggling with fitness', do you mean you are unfit? I'd like to be your workout buddy (even though I live in Michigan-still winter here, too!) but tomorrows workout is an exercise challenge I like to throw into my regular program on occasion and, if you're unfit, I think it'd be too difficult. Let me know.

          Comment


          • #6
            not unfit just unmotivated. I used to run last year but burned out. I had back surgery in Oct 09 and did fairly well until I slipped on the ice this last Dec so am still trying to fight that slight pain.
            Gretchen in Wyoming
            Princess to the King
            Mom of 3
            Grandma of 1
            Bride to Steven

            my blog Mama Goes Primal

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IvyBlue View Post
              This is a rare enough thing that you'll be alone almost anywhere except Ohio. I'm finding this forum to be of tremendous help, not sure how successful I would have been w/o it.
              Why? Is Primal big in Ohio? I didn't know that. I live in Michigan, near the border of Ohio? Just curious.

              I also find the forum to be tremendous help when I'm feeling like the only one who eats like this. It's wierd though, because I feel like I'm finally "normal", and now I'm "the outcast who doesn't eat anything" when I'm out with friends or family and all there is are chips and dips, and pasta salads and such other junky food. If they only knew how much I actually eat, and still lose weight. They probably think I'm starving myself. I wish it were easier to convince people that this is the right way to eat.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sghulett View Post
                not unfit just unmotivated. I used to run last year but burned out. I had back surgery in Oct 09 and did fairly well until I slipped on the ice this last Dec so am still trying to fight that slight pain.
                Interesting. I had spinal surgery in August, 2009. Hmmmm

                Here's what I have on for tomorrow:
                Flat Bench
                Squat
                Dead
                All 225 x 50
                Reverse Grip 135 x 41
                OHP 95 x 26

                Then I'll run 1 mile

                This should total 41,755 lbs., or, almost 21 tons. I've worked my way up to this, adding similar workouts once a week to my 'normal' program.
                Are you in?
                Last edited by believer; 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How can I get may family on board??? my daughter is 21yrs and is 5'8" and 268# she eat junk all the time and is also feeding it to my 2.5yr grandson.
                  Gretchen in Wyoming
                  Princess to the King
                  Mom of 3
                  Grandma of 1
                  Bride to Steven

                  my blog Mama Goes Primal

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't have access to weights and no gym membership
                    Gretchen in Wyoming
                    Princess to the King
                    Mom of 3
                    Grandma of 1
                    Bride to Steven

                    my blog Mama Goes Primal

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Best way I've found to get people involved with something positive is to lead by example. When I start to show results from something I do, and it's something they want as well, they'll start to get really interested once they see it working.
                      http://www.getmoneyout.com

                      Start: March 2011
                      Start Weight: 245 lbs.
                      Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
                      Goal weight: 195 lbs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey, neighbor! I'm next door in Utah. What your daughter does with her child, unfortunately, is her business. Unless they both live with you, there's not much you can do. If they depend on you for food & housing, then take charge & be the sole grocery shopper. They can't easily eat junk if it's not in the house. That's about the only suggestion I could think of.
                        --Trish (Bork)
                        TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                        http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                        FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes they both live with us and I buy food most of the time unless she gets her food stamps
                          Gretchen in Wyoming
                          Princess to the King
                          Mom of 3
                          Grandma of 1
                          Bride to Steven

                          my blog Mama Goes Primal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sghulett View Post
                            I don't have access to weights and no gym membership
                            Oh. Sorry, just saw this.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nik View Post
                              Why? Is Primal big in Ohio? I didn't know that. I live in Michigan, near the border of Ohio? Just curious.
                              The Divine Ms B has coalesced a group of Ohioans and others from farther afield. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread7351.html
                              Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X