X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: I am a 91 Year Old Bodybuilder

You're never too old! Love it!

Experience: I am a 91-year-old bodybuilder | Life and style | The Guardian
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Awesome! This is the stuff that makes me happy! Makes me think there is hope for me too.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Neat article, thanks for sharing.

Comment

amazing story....!

Comment

Color me inspired. What a cool story. I find it kind of funny and kind of depressing how, as Dr. Eugster puts it, "people have been brainwashed to think that after you're 65, you're finished." It's sad but true for a lot of people.

Comment

Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
            Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
            Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Drat, no place to leave comments on that article. I wanted to give him a big high-five, and also to give a thumbs-up to his trainer's opinion about working on the flat butt. Nothing says "old age" to me like flat, wasted-away glutes.

Comment

Wow, that's so incredible.. At 18 I suddenly feel incredibly young.. more so than usual! XD
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

that is what i want to be in about 50 years.

except without the mustache.
                  sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I would like to see a "before" pic of this guy.
                    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                      Drat, no place to leave comments on that article. I wanted to give him a big high-five, and also to give a thumbs-up to his trainer's opinion about working on the flat butt. Nothing says "old age" to me like flat, wasted-away glutes.
                      LMAO! There's a Sex & the City episode where one of the girls is seriously considering dating and sleeping with an elderly man for his money & connections, but decides she can't have a relationship with someone with an old-man butt.
                      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Originally posted by Twibble View Post
                        LMAO! There's a Sex & the City episode where one of the girls is seriously considering dating and sleeping with an elderly man for his money & connections, but decides she can't have a relationship with someone with an old-man butt.
                        I always wince when I see one of those scrawny little old ladies with no butt trying to look hot by wearing tight leggings as pants. Equating skinniness with sexiness is a hard habit to break, I guess. At least the men aren't wearing tight pants! On the contrary, they usually have the over-sized pants with the waist-line hiked up to their nipples.

Comment

That man is epic!

Until Mark's recent post about old age, I hadn't thought about the possibility of being fit and healthy at an old age. I feel so much more positive about growing old and still being healthy and mobile, and this man confirms it.

Comment

Wow I love so many things about this article, some great quotes:

Then, at last year's event in Germany, I triumphed, scoring higher than any contestant in any age category for my 57 dips, 61 chin-ups, 50 push-ups and 48 abdominal crunches, each in 45 seconds. As I'm over 70, they did make allowances – I could do the push-ups on my knees, for example – but I proved I wasn't past it.
                            WHAT?! Even with “bad” form (half-reps) those are great numbers!!

I'm not a particularly talented sportsman, but I've always been a great trier.
                            Everything I learned was tailored to help my body cope with old age. I took up judo to teach me how to fall properly. My circulation and posture improved, and I was told that there was a chance more muscle mass could protect my brain from Alzheimer's. I stopped thinking about dying. As I approached 90, my focus was on getting my body back.
                            To me, a 65-year-old is young. I turn 92 this year. It is a frightening prospect – the law of averages is against me, and, yes, one day something will happen and that will be it. But until that day comes, I'm going to carry on working on my abs.
                            This man is awesome.
                            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

thanks for sharing!
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X