Jumping!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumping!

Who does it and what do you jump over? Do you find it easier with or without shoes?
    I'm just curious to see who else does it xD I have my own set in a public field built from washed up logs and branches... darn horses keep trashing it though!
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Jumping is on my "skills to improve right now!" list. I tend to suck at it.

I've been jumping (feet together) over a series of overturned, 5-gallon buckets, with no steps between jumps. I've also been jumping up onto my weight bench repeatedly. Next, I need to add in some long jumps and leaping.

I'm working toward being able to jump up, grab the top of a wall/high fence, and muscle-up and over. Making good progress already.

ETA: I do this in shoes. I'm interested in some barefoot work but have quite sensitive feet due to severe bunions.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 04-01-2011, 04:14 PM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Nice! I'd love to jump over a wall or a fence.. too scared to try at the moment though! If you were interested in doing it barefoot (or at least with some socks on!) I'd recommend finding some nice spongy grass! I have a video of my course here:

Wearing shoes cause the ground was wet and there was too much horse poop in the way! Not a nice thing to get between your toes O.o

Comment

Here's a video my husband took of my jumping a couple of years ago; haven't done too much jumping lately except while playing basketball.

YouTube - dragonmammma's Channel

Comment

Omg, if I did that I'd go straight into that green wall!

Comment

Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
            Wearing shoes cause the ground was wet and there was too much horse poop in the way! Not a nice thing to get between your toes O.o
            LOL Better than dog poop!

(I have horses, too.)
            Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

Working...
            X