No announcement yet.

What is your maximum muscle potential?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your maximum muscle potential?

This is a chart is apparently fairly accurate. It may be for guys only but don't blame the messenger.

It is based on approximately 10% body fat. It provides the size of your biceps, forearms, cest, thighs and calves.

The WeighTrainer - Maximum Drug-Free Bodybuilding Potential Calculator

Originally posted by Vick View Post
    This is a chart is apparently fairly accurate. It may be for guys only but don't blame the messenger.

It is based on approximately 10% body fat. It provides the size of your biceps, forearms, cest, thighs and calves.

The WeighTrainer - Maximum Drug-Free Bodybuilding Potential Calculator
    Vick...yes, I found that online a while back. It is quite an interesting subject. I think, what it is best for using is to determine your maximum lean body mass at a certain weight. You can use your measurements to project ...kind of in reverse.

So, for me, I want to be ~10% body fat. I know what I weigh currently and I know what my measurements are (and I also assume I am not going to lose any size or muscle while Im primal)...so then its kind of easy to fill in the blanks and see where my lean body mass will be when I am at 10% body fat.

Its just guessing like anything else...but its still fun...
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

With so much genetic variation between individuals these calculators provide rubbery figures at best.

However, I choose to believe I'm gonna look fcukin beastly at 8% x 5'8" sporting a pair of 18" guns..

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_o View Post
        With so much genetic variation between individuals these calculators provide rubbery figures at best.

However, I choose to believe I'm gonna look fcukin beastly at 8% x 5'8" sporting a pair of 18" guns..
        Ha! Too Funny...You gotta always think positive, right? Shoot for the sky!

Yes, the calculators are "cute". Thats about it. They cant measure genetic potential & training intensity....

Comment

Maximum Drug-Free Potential Measurements Calculator

Height:74.3 inWrist:6.3 inAnkle:8.3 in
          The estimated maximum muscular measurements (@ ~8%-10% bodyfat) are:

Chest:48.1 inBiceps:17.4 inForearms:13.7 in Neck:17.1 inThighs:26.5 inCalves:17.4 in

Comment

Maximum Drug-Free Potential Measurements Calculator

Height: 69 in Wrist: 7.25 in
            Ankle: 9.5 in

The estimated maximum muscular measurements (@ ~8%-10% bodyfat) are:

Chest: 49.4 in Biceps: 17.8 in
            Forearms: 14.1 in Neck: 17.6 in
            Thighs: 27.2 in Calves: 17.9 in

I've got 16 3/4" biceps now so I'm only an inch away.
            "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Thanks for sharing but I'm not convinced that bodybuilding is a friend of the primal lifestyle
              Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
              Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
              The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
              Brute Force Sandbags
              www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
              http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                Thanks for sharing but I'm not convinced that bodybuilding is a friend of the primal lifestyle
                I agree! To put it mildly...if "more muscle mass=>health" that leads you logically to conclude that bodybuilders are among the healthiest people around. Not sure I am cool with that logic. It's a cute calculator though.
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                  I agree! To put it mildly...if "more muscle mass=>health" that leads you logically to conclude that bodybuilders are among the healthiest people around. Not sure I am cool with that logic. It's a cute calculator though.
                  What is funny to me is that in my case...by the calculator's results...I've already achieved and/or exceeded my maximum muscle mass in certain areas. This is how I know its a "cute" tool. Again, no calculator can measure one's genetic potential and training intensity.And we really are all different when it comes to genetics. Some will gain muscle and fat easily (me...always have...) and others will have to work their ass off to gain a pound here and there. Its all metabolism and genetics..

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                    Bodybuilding is a competitive eating disorder.
                    Lifting Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                      i agree 100%. I just some people would have fun with the calculator.

Comment

i never had 20" biceps even when I was 250lbs lean weight
                        I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Originally posted by Apex Predator View Post
                          Bodybuilding is a competitive eating disorder.
                          I realized that when I stumbled upon some guy's blog - he had pretty low bodyfat and had a visible six-pack, yet he had no confidence at all. Some (most? idk much about it) bodybuilders have a lot in common with bulimics and anorectics, the same crazy obsessions with intake and physical appearance. I rarely see anyone mention that, though. I guess it's easier to see the problem when the way it manifests itself makes you look sick and weak, not big and strong.

Comment

According to that I would have the largest measurments on their entire chart.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

haha! okay, def not for girls:
                              Chest: 42.7 in Biceps: 15.1 in
                              Forearms: 11.9 in Neck: 14.9 in
                              Thighs: 24.1 in Calves: 15.8 in

my biceps are just 10" now, but of course my arms are kind of twiggy.
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X