So is this considered a Grok Like WO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is this considered a Grok Like WO?

Hi, Im new to this lifestyle and I have a question about when you happen to go to the gym. I was wondering if being on the elliptical, doing more interval style would be considered chronic cardio? For example.. 20 minutes total and intervals as such:: 2min warm up at level 3, then 1 min level 4, 1 min level 5, 1 min level 6, 1 min level 7. repeat until 20 minutes.. I just want to make sure that Im not doing chronic cardio.. Oh and it would be 3 times a week.. and the other days would be "lifting heavy things" .. advice appreciated. Thanks Everyone.. Misty

that's definitely not chronic cardio...20 minutes isn't really a whole lot of time. as the weather gets warmer, though, think about getting off the elliptical and just get outside. there's nothing wrong with using an elliptical--besides it being boring--but just walking and running around outside is better than anything else.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

The only thing the elliptical is good for is deadlifting. Of course, they probably have a platform for that set up already.
      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Interval training generally involves alternating between rounds of high intensity and low intensity. What you're describing sounds more like just gradually ramping up intensity until you're spent.

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
        as the weather gets warmer, though, think about getting off the elliptical and just get outside. there's nothing wrong with using an elliptical--besides it being boring--but just walking and running around outside is better than anything else.
        +1

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
        The only thing the elliptical is good for is deadlifting. Of course, they probably have a platform for that set up already.
        Actually, it's been my experience that the type of gyms that have ellipticals usually don't even have a deadlifting platform.
        "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X