alternate heavy work outs needed while healing from hand injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternate heavy work outs needed while healing from hand injury

i broke my left ring finger yesterday (running around the playground with my students acting primal ) i will require surgury/ five weeks hand rest. im new to PB but have been doing slow burn strength training for 3 years. basically a low carber that decided to give up all grains sugar and sugar subs. 4 wks ago. i already in 4 weeks lowered BF 3 % and lost 6 lbs but mostlly im sleeping thru the night again. (im 46) i feel so much better in all areas. i never realized how much sugar free crap i was using until i quit it all. no more cravings or guilt. in 30 days i have had 2 servings of dark 90% chocolate and 2 tsp of honey. no other sugar! it was not hard for me at all. it is mostly psycological now that i have my hormones and tastebuds in check. i am needing some alternitive heavy work outs while i am recuping. no pushups or my arm curls etc. any suggestions out there?

What training are you currently doing? And give us some more details about the break - specifically what position is your finger currently in?
    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
    Brute Force Sandbags
    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Squat.
      You don't need your hands.

Comment

i basically subscibe to mark dehauhns slow burn home work out because i can not afford or have time for gym right now so i do floor exercise and weights doing push ups, curls,squats with no weights using door handle for support, slow crunchs, side, front plank,leg lifts using leg weights,shoulder shrugs, calve raises, no weight. i broke my left ring finger, the bone was damaged pretty bad so i will have to have pins installed monday. 5 weeks for recovery my surgeon says.

Comment

Originally posted by awalker View Post
          i basically subscibe to mark dehauhns slow burn home work out because i can not afford or have time for gym right now so i do floor exercise and weights doing push ups, curls,squats with no weights using door handle for support, slow crunchs, side, front plank,leg lifts using leg weights,shoulder shrugs, calve raises, no weight. i broke my left ring finger, the bone was damaged pretty bad so i will have to have pins installed monday. 5 weeks for recovery my surgeon says.
          It seems like you could pretty much all of that with your injury. Are you looking for a new workout (you mentioned "heavy" but not quite sure what you mean by this)?
          Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
          Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
          The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
          Brute Force Sandbags
          www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
          http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Working...
          X