Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBS gain after 30 min cardio?

Hello,

I have been on primal/4HB plan for ~8 weeks now mainly for weight loss. And I lost ~13lbs so far which I am more than happy about. I have been keeping a detailed log of my meals and light work-outs. I mainly do 30 min ellipticals 2x week.

Today, I looked through my log and noticed that I almost always gain about a pound when I weigh myself the morning after the work out day. I do my cardio after dinner. I am not too worried about this since I do end up losing that additional pound and some more in a day or two.

But I was wondering why this is happening. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Increased fluid retention in the muscles is fairly common after exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      Increased fluid retention in the muscles is fairly common after exercise.
      +1

and..."A 2 pound weight gain doesn't count, since it is the size of an average turd"
      Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
      Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
      The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
      Brute Force Sandbags
      www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
      http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Good to know... And yes I am not freaking out about it. Just wanted to understand what's going on inside of my body which is a huge part of primal I am guessing.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Are you drinking anything while you work out? Water has weight.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

3-4 lb fluctuation due to variations in fluid / feces levels in your body is normal. More Primal is 1) not to weigh yourself, at least no more than twice a month, and 2) do more exercise if you can manage! You should be looking to get off that eliptical and do something more intense and physical asap.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

My weight can vary by up to three 3kg in a week - lowest after a 4hr paddle session in which I dehydrate somewhat. Normal daily variation is up to a kg, though I don't check much any more
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Thanks for your comments! Yes, I will eventually stop weighing myself and move on to more intense and physical. I have a few more pounds to lose. And my main goal as of right now is to lose weight I've accumulated over 30+ years eating carbs and junk food.

Anyway, I am grafeful that I found this site and forum. I started out with 4HB plan to lose weight quickly. Now, I am realizing that I need to change my lifestyle forever thanks to this site and the rest of community!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X