swimming for ssc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swimming for ssc?

So... diagnosis is severe tendonitis through the ankle and moving toward the knee due to major inflammation (similar to carpal tunnel). Dr said that if he was to give me a cortisone shot he wouldn't even know where to start! I am sitting here with my foot alternating from an ice bath to luke warm and it sucks. Did I mention it is happening on the other ankle too? I stand most of the day in my profession and in the past have been a little too overzealous with my working out. Now... I need my slow and steady cardio for the fat burn... aside from lifting heavy things... but most of it is out the window while trying to rest my foot. I was wondering if you all had some opinions on swimming??? I could use some ideas on how to make this NOT turn into chronic cardio. Suggestions are definitely needed! Thanks!

You can certainly do swimming as HIIT, just be sure you don't wait until you are ready to puke to stop because you wouldn't want to drown!
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

When I did my ankle in after a fall from a horse(Doctor never told me what I'd done to it, didn't even give me crutches though it was quite obvious I couldn't walk on it!) I went on holiday about a week after and spent the majority of my time in the pool, just slowly paddling around. Best. Cure. Ever. I could run 2 weeks later when I came home!
      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

If you keep it at a nice, relaxed pace, it definitely could work as an alternative for the "move slowly" part of things. You could also try water walking/jogging to switch it up.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
        X