Excellent Circuit to Lean Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Circuit to Lean Out

I started this, The Spartacus Workout: Spartacus Challenge several weeks ago. I do heavier DB and BW work MWF and started doing this on T&TH. I did scale it back to doing 45 second intervals with 15 sec rest and very light weight and do two rounds. The Winter 10lbs is Gone! So if you are looking for a way to lean out I highly recommend trying it. Minimal equipment needed however, I do recommend a gymboss interval timer.

Yes the Spartacus workout is a pretty good full body circuit training workout and will lean you out if you do it 2-3xWeek. Gets that heart pumping! The show is very good to!

This isn't the workout the guys used to get in shape for the show just something they put together for mens health for the audiance.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Comment

I would like to get my hands on the one they actually did, once I can get through the one posted online at military.com. I am not yet strong enough to get through most of it. Its not easy. I am using another workout to build up to it.

Comment

thanks for the link! this is awesome... definitely going to give it a shot... little by little...
        live mindfully.
        she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

Originally posted by Nethru View Post
          This isn't the workout the guys used to get in shape for the show just something they put together for mens health for the audiance.
          Perhaps not exactly, but the video of the three actors show them doing a lot of the same movements, so the Spartacus Challenge should be a pretty close approximation.
          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

I printed this out with the pics and was able to get through one whole round just now so I am pretty happy. It was tough and my legs felt like they were going to buckle when I got done. I had the hardest time with the push up weight twist thing. It was hurting my hands so bad with all of my weight leaning on the dumbbell (even with gloves on). I was able to do it without the weights though.

I am hoping that next week I can go a whole two rounds.

Comment

Wow
              http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

Comment

Loved the Spartacus series!

Blood and Sand gladiator camp

Gods of the Arena training
                http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

Interesting, kinda reminds me a bit of the circuits we'd do in muaythai only the time was longer 3 mins per station rather than 1 minute but it was half the amount of things. I think I'll do this tonight and report back! I need something for a day when I don't do sprints. I also need to do more leg work and this assesses that.
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I have done this routine before and I have posted it on the SimplFit forum but not here! I have only done 1 round but full time and weight and it really pushed me!!

I have a question though! I do simplefit 3x a week M, W and F do you think I could do this inbetween on a Tuesday as my sprints session and not ruin my rest recovery pattern for SimpleFit? I currently don't have a sprint session in my regime and wanted to add the Spartacus workout but was worried it would negatively effect my SimpleFit.

I might just give it a go with light weights and see how it goes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neilfenstein View Post
                      I have done this routine before and I have posted it on the SimplFit forum but not here! I have only done 1 round but full time and weight and it really pushed me!!

I have a question though! I do simplefit 3x a week M, W and F do you think I could do this inbetween on a Tuesday as my sprints session and not ruin my rest recovery pattern for SimpleFit? I currently don't have a sprint session in my regime and wanted to add the Spartacus workout but was worried it would negatively effect my SimpleFit.

I might just give it a go with light weights and see how it goes!!
                      I would try it and see how you feel. As I mentioned, I lift on MWF and do this on TTH. Has not affected MWF at all. It is my sprint right now. You may want to scale it back to 45 and 15 sec. and use super light weights. This works for me. Good Luck!

Comment

ohhhh I'm gonna try this! it looks fun... If i print it out and post it down stairs I'm betting DH will throw it into his workout routine too!
                        The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                        What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                        SW 190lb
                        Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                        25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                        1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                        GW ~135lbs
                        5'3"
                        Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

Originally posted by kitoi View Post
                          Loved the Spartacus series!

Blood and Sand gladiator camp

Gods of the Arena training
                          I don't think I saw one ugly man in these videos.

What surprised me is that they said they didn't eat hardly any food for the whole boot camp. Then I saw the EAS sign and figured it must have just been a plug. How can these men look like this with no food?

Comment

Originally posted by NicoleP View Post
                            How can these men look like this with no food?
                            It was four hours of training a day for one month. The way I see it, it was basically a crash fitness regime (vs crash diet). I'd be willing to bet they balanced it out a bit once shooting began after that initial month, though who knows. Also, what they consider "hardly any" at that level of training could still be 4,000 calories a day, which would still be quite low for that much constant activity.
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

These look great! I've been doing some version of these in HIIT style for a while. I have a (probably dumb) question about Station 7: Dumbbell Side Lunge and Touch -- how do you properly raise yourself back up from the lunge? Do you just push off on the bended leg?
                              Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Working...
                              X